~$500 budget for neutral, detailed, non-fatiguing IEMs
Sep 25, 2014 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

iKhaos

Head-Fier
As the thread title states, I've got about ~$500 to spend on a pair of IEMs that are
-neutral / balanced (I'm okay w/ a warm-ish treble)
-detailed
-clear
-non-fatiguing
-comfortable

I've had my eye on the Noble 4 and the InEar StageDiver 2. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these?
Does anybody have any suggestions?

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 6
The Audiofly AF160 have a treble roll-off which is gentle on the ear, and the midrange picks up a lot of detail. Bass is well balanced - I think the 180 has a bit more detail.

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #3 of 6
subbed.

i know a lot of higher tear iems and the one that Comes to my mind, reading your recuirements is the ue900. i know the stagediver 2 (and 3) and they are more bassy than neutral.

Sep 26, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #4 of 6
  The Audiofly AF160 have a treble roll-off which is gentle on the ear, and the midrange picks up a lot of detail. Bass is well balanced - I think the 180 has a bit more detail.

The 180 seems really promising, a little out of my budget, but I could possibly swing it. Thanks for that.
I can't find a lot of firsthand info on it though. Do you have personal experience w/ it? If so, what's the build quality like?

subbed.

i know a lot of higher tear iems and the one that Comes to my mind, reading your recuirements is the ue900. i know the stagediver 2 (and 3) and they are more bassy than neutral.

The UE900 was on my shortlist, but something I saw come up a lot times was the build quality and how there was problem w/ one of the connectors? It kind of turned me off from it tbh.

Is the bass in the SD2 that bad? Does it bleed into the mids?

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #5 of 6
I have the AF160 personally, the capsules are like injection moulded pebbles, they're pretty solid. The cable and strain reliefs are good too. This AF140 review mentions the build quality which is exactly the same as all in that range - http://www.head-fi.org/products/audiofly-af140-in-ear-headphones-gray/reviews/11510

Thanks for the heads up - I'll try and get a good listen to the range and do some comparisons soon.

Sep 29, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #6 of 6
  The 180 seems really promising, a little out of my budget, but I could possibly swing it. Thanks for that.
I can't find a lot of firsthand info on it though. Do you have personal experience w/ it? If so, what's the build quality like?

The UE900 was on my shortlist, but something I saw come up a lot times was the build quality and how there was problem w/ one of the connectors? It kind of turned me off from it tbh.

Is the bass in the SD2 that bad? Does it bleed into the mids?

As an owner of the ue900 I also had this problem where the connection keeps cutting out on one earpiece. It was easily fixed by popping it out and back in a few times, which fixed the problem permanently. Other than that it is a wonderful IEM which is pretty neutral with maybe a bit of warmth, and pretty cheap too nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back