5 years?! The Fifth Annual St. Louis Meet will be July 13th.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #32 of 61
I actually can make this event, it fits on my schedule

I can bring the following gear:

Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 788
Hifiman HE-560 v3
AKG K275
Focal Elex
Advanced Sound GT3

And anything else that you all may have seen on my channel, if it isn't out on loan. Just send a note to me and I will see if it's available.

i have been asked to bring the ZMF Classic in addition to all the above gear.

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #33 of 61
I'm in!

Bringing for sure:
Audeze LCD-4
Sony MDR-1A
iFi Pro iDSD 2.5
iFi Pro iCAN (I'm shopping for interconnects atm)
iFi micro iDSD Black
LG V40
& a bunch of cables

Possibly:
Sony PHA-3 (tech difficulties)
iFi nano iDSD Black
Dekoni nuggets

Is it appropriate to sell/trade/buy each other's gear at these meetups?

Thanks for hosting it!

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #34 of 61
I'm in!

Bringing for sure:
Audeze LCD-4
Sony MDR-1A
iFi Pro iDSD 2.5
iFi Pro iCAN (I'm shopping for interconnects atm)
iFi micro iDSD Black
LG V40
& a bunch of cables

Possibly:
Sony PHA-3 (tech difficulties)
iFi nano iDSD Black
Dekoni nuggets

Is it appropriate to sell/trade/buy each other's gear at these meetups?

Thanks for hosting it!

Sounds good! Honestly I'm not 100% sure about that. I don't know what the usual behavior is but I have no qualms with it!

Jul 3, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #38 of 61
Afaik, the DAC+amp are the same and the firmware and software are very similar, but it's conceivable the different processor, OS, hardware configuration, etc could make tiny differences. I'll be interested to hear your take.

Since the "tuning" is done by Meridian this time on the LG V40, supposedly the sound is more relaxed, wider and more organic sounding.

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #39 of 61
Sounds good! Honestly I'm not 100% sure about that. I don't know what the usual behavior is but I have no qualms with it!

Sounds good Jude can't wait for this. I might be selling my LCD X, clears, and Solaris if there is interest and that is ok with everyone there. The abyss and noble are my wnd game right now.

Jul 5, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #41 of 61
Bad news, peeps. Pinky cannot make it this year. too much going on around the house this month. Sorry.

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #42 of 61
Hi @theotherjude

I have another change for you. I want switch out bringing the Burson Fun since @Audio Addict is bringing his to the HeadAmp Gilmore Lite Mk2. I also just got the SoundAware P1 in for a demo and I can bring that as well. I want to give everyone a chance to hear as many different amps as possible.

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #43 of 61
I have a recommendation/suggestion for everyone: make a plaque or note or something and stick it beside your gear or Sticky Note the gear identifying the actual unit and the pieces in the chain so we know what we're listening to. :)

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #45 of 61
Hello all,

Was thinking about coming to this meet not sure do I just show up or sign up? I could bring I modest set up with is Audio-GD NFB 28.38 all so have a Bottle Head Crack with speedball. As far as headphones all I have is HD-600's and HiFiman HE-400i. Came last year just to check it out and have a listen to some gear and had fun. Thanks Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back