Jun 12, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
435 stands for 4-way 3-unit 5-receiver

In other words?
Sorry, but I am a bit slow
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #5 of 37
That's all he mentioned about the driver, I'm guessing 4-way 3 driver, I think...

P.S Love Flower is juz the bloggers title or something, the company name is FitEar only

Does anyone know if the the drivers can also be known as receiver??

If so then there you have it, 5 balanced armature.

P.S II It's a bit more expensive than the UE11 though

Jun 12, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #6 of 37
Quote:

That's all he mentioned about the driver, I'm guessing 4-way 3 driver, I think...

P.S Love Flower is juz the bloggers title or something, the company name is FitEar only

that will be 4-driver 3-way, its not possible to have 3 drivers split 4 ways
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

personally i dont see the point in any more than 3 drivers, 1-high 1-mids 1-lows, its worked many years perfectly fine in full size systems, no need for more drivers, although saying that the ue11 has proven to many that the fourth driver can make a difference even if that driver does nothing but reinforce bass.

5 drivers would be a bit silly and useless, it would be a stupendously mad technical achievement yes but could only be for better advertising unless manufacturers will now consider implementing super tweeters into their earphones

Jun 12, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #7 of 37
Quote:

Does anyone know if the the drivers can also be known as receiver??

If so then there you have it, 5 balanced armature.

P.S II It's a bit more expensive than the UE11 though

Yes they are called receivers. Prior to the in-ear era all of us hearing aid manufactures have only know the driver as a receiver. In fact ask your Audiologist what the speaker is called and I doubt any of them have even heard of the term driver.

I would be interested to see how these sound.

Jun 13, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #8 of 37
Jun 13, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #9 of 37
Ooops!
Forgot to put those IEM maker page.
I own an ER4S he converted to full custom, and at least 3 other headfiers own his products. The most remarkable must be the full custom E500.
As he don't have any info in his website I wanted to know if anyone could confirm the 5 driver layout (now confirmed).

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #10 of 37
Thanks JasonK for the info!

So now you have it, 5 driver. He did note that those with very small ears might not be able to enjoy the 435 as it require certain amount of space to fit in all the driver.

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #11 of 37
The blogger did gave some comparison about it. It would be a hassle to translate the whole page....

Here's some main points on what he said:

435's highs extension is not as good as the ER-4S, but the separation and the soundstage is great.

Forward mids

When he got the IE-40 he thought that he got the world's most powerful earphone, but since he got his 435, he no longer use it anymore.

The highs are much better in the ER-4S compared to the 435, you would feel something is missing if you put on the 435 after listening to the ER-4S. But other than that all the 435 overwhelms the ER-4S in every aspect.

As for resolution some think the ER-4S is better, some think the 435 is better. Personally he think it's not lacking compared to the ER-4S

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #12 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooops!
Forgot to put those IEM maker page.
I own an ER4S he converted to full custom, and at least 3 other headfiers own his products. The most remarkable must be the full custom E500.
As he don't have any info in his website I wanted to know if anyone could confirm the 5 driver layout (now confirmed).

That would be me with the custom E500s. Suyama San does tremendous work, so I wouldn't be surprised if these were some of the best sounding IEMs available.

As Sieg has pointed out, it says on the page 4-way, 3-unit, 5-receiver, but not much else.

I will e-mail him to see if I can get some more info on the product for you guys.

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As Sieg has pointed out, it says on the page 4-way, 3-unit, 5-receiver, but not much else.

It is amazing that he can put so many BA drives into one housing
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #14 of 37
What a name...
tongue.gif

Great to see more custom mold vendors and IEM's though.

Jun 13, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #15 of 37
Here is how I imagine the IEM will be: 4-way, 3-unit, 5-receivers.
Attachment 5257

Users who are viewing this thread

Back