$5.90 Apple(ish) in-ear headphones on ebay- too good to be true?
Sep 23, 2010 at 9:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

zhangvict

New Head-Fier
Check this out:http://cgi.ebay.com/In-Ear-Earphone-Headphone-Apple-ipod-shuffle-2nd-/180563318020?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item2a0a699504

Someone is selling a pair of earphones that looks like the apple in-ears but without the mic and remote.

I've copied and pasted the description:

Quote:
[size=small][size=large]Description[/size]
This Earphone is designed to work for Apple iPod/Nano/Video,MP3 players,CD players,portable DVD players and other 3.5mm earphone jack compatible portable devices.
Unique Stereo fashionable design,Full, rich sound with distinct clarity and warmth. perfectly fit your ears.Soft silicone tips provide gentle yet secure fit.
EXCELLENT sound quality!Stereo sounds, blocks out outside noise,amplifies music,enhance bass tones
Color : In accordance with the picture color
Brand New Universal 3.5mm Stereo Earphone;
Soft Silicone Earbuds to obstruct you from the outside noise.
Listen to your favorite music on an iPod or MP3 player with these high quality stereo earphones;
Cord Length: 120cm
Impedance: 32 OHM;
Maximum Power Input: 5 mW;
Sensitivity: 115db (front), 102db (back);
Frequency Response: 6 Hz to 23 KHz;
Connector: 3.5mm diameter stereo plug. [/size]

The seller *claims* that the sound quality is "excellent". I would normally dismiss one of these cheap products as fakes, but according to ebay, the seller is top-rated and also sells the real apple in-ear headphones for $29.80 here:http://cgi.ebay.com/new-Apple-MA850G-A-in-ear-Headphone-Remote-and-Mic-/180559743502?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item2a0a330a0e

Also what does it mean when the sensitivity is "115db (front), 102db(back)"? I mean, how can one pair of headphones have 2 sensitivity ratings??

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 12
I'll get one. I want Apple eartips.
Oh, someone sells black ones, too.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-IN-EAR-HEADPHONES-EARBUDS-APPLE-IPHONE-3GS-BASS-/400156269691?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5d2b2c1c7b

Sep 23, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 12
Do you know the same seller has another two different boxed Apple in-ear for $20, $30 ?
I will send him an email. Can all be "designer's copy" ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-in-ear-Headphone-Remote-Mic-ipod-iphone-3gs-/170531794678?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item27b47caef6

Sep 23, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #6 of 12
Maybe the cool triangular carrying case and 3 size eartips are already worth the $6 shipped. Ans yes, I know that they also sell 2 other versions of the apple in ears, check my original post, I put a link there to to the $30 version.

If you read the specs, it gives 2 sensitivity values. How can a pair of headphones have 2 values??

Sep 24, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #7 of 12

To be honest, I dont think that his "real" Apple IEMs are real. I am pretty sure it's a fake too. It can be hard to see when you only see a picture of the fake set, but once you have both the real and the fake IEM at hand you'll see the difference quite easily.

Sep 24, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #8 of 12
Reseller has fake complaints against them in regards to the Apple earphones as well as Sony, also have several comlaints againsts them in regards to quality. Just another Chinese knockoff reseller.

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #9 of 12
I purchased the headphones and gave it a test  run. I don't have anthing to compare it to except some philips stock earbuds, but I was a little disspointed because there was not more bass. The good part was the high notes, sparkly like fizzy soda and starlight. I will let these burn in for a while and compare the sound later. anyway, I bought these for the case and the eartips so it was worth the money.

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #10 of 12
UPDATE 5 MINS LATER--  Ok guys I noticed something really cool. I was listening to a song called 'Strawberry Swing" by Coldplay and I was shocked(in a good way) because I could actually hear the guy saying 1,2,3,4 before the music started which was REALLY epic!!! I never heard that before, so I guess the detail is good as well..

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #11 of 12
Maybe you can get custom moulds for them to improve that excellent clarity even further? I reckon with some slight modding you might be able to hear him get to at least 7.

Oct 6, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #12 of 12

bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back