$5-6k headphone amp suggestions/thoughts
May 16, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #46 of 65
Well i've just about decided to get the 307A. I was initially interested in a Supra/Maestro hybrid with a new type of PSU with mercury tubes that a kind gentleman from here in the forums introduced me to. Sadly his only has XLR outs and I need SE too so I don't think I can get his and I don't want to wait a year like he did for his. Just waiting for my insurance claim now.

May 16, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #47 of 65
go for it.
evil_smiley.gif

May 16, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #48 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well i've just about decided to get the 307A. I was initially interested in a Supra/Maestro hybrid with a new type of PSU with mercury tubes that a kind gentleman from here in the forums introduced me to. Sadly his only has XLR outs and I need SE too so I don't think I can get his and I don't want to wait a year like he did for his. Just waiting for my insurance claim now.

Good choice on the 307A. Lots of peeps loved it at CanJam. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Post some pics and impressions if you do get it
wink.gif

May 26, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #51 of 65
Ricey20, have you gotten the 307A yet? I am also very interested in this amp and would love to hear your thoughts.

Jun 6, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #52 of 65
Well it turns out USPS found my Supra XLR. I just received it today, after 3 months and it wasn't even a preorder
tongue.gif
First thing that blew me away is this thing is massive, wasn't expecting it to be this big lol. I'm still interested in the 307A though so I'm probably going to get one eventually within the next few months, so I'll be able to compare it with this Supra too, one thing for sure though, I'm going to need a bigger desk!!! I'll post pictures later
biggrin.gif

Edit: The sound...all i can say is OH DAMN!
Theres more body, more detail, more everything compared to my WA6. Extremely happy so far. Using 4x6BL7GTA and 2x5687 so far.

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #53 of 65
Really glad to hear the amp made its way home to you!

Jun 6, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #54 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it turns out USPS found my Supra XLR. I just received it today, after 3 months and it wasn't even a preorder
tongue.gif
First thing that blew me away is this thing is massive, wasn't expecting it to be this big lol.

The massiveness of the SDS-XLR was shocking to me too. It takes up half my room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back