5.1 setup + corner= help?
Nov 8, 2008 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

eightbitpotion

500+ Head-Fier
So I am moving into a new place, but the living room is disappointing. There's a 50" plasma that I'm working with, and I've finally figured out a way that allows every seat to have a pretty good viewing angle, but now I'm struggling with the surround sound. Here's a drawing (made in MS Paint
wink.gif
) that explains the layout. I'm thinking that the speakers need to be where I made the red...blobs, and they need to be aimed like so (blue lines), but I haven't played around with it yet.

Any advice?

51.jpg

PS, sorry for the crappy jpg compression- MS paint and all x_x

Nov 8, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #3 of 5
I would swap the corners (put the TV in the corner of the room and move the couches by the hallway). Assuming you have windows on the walls, this would help with potential glare issues. And I would move the rear surround speakers a little out more towards the ends of the couches.

Nov 8, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would swap the corners (put the TV in the corner of the room and move the couches by the hallway). Assuming you have windows on the walls, this would help with potential glare issues. And I would move the rear surround speakers a little out more towards the ends of the couches.

I would have to agree, you would want the back of the couch as a barrier when you enter from the hallway and not the back of your TV with all the wires hanging out, that arrangement would look nicer too. More wife friendly if you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back