4pin XLRs as stock termination?
Oct 6, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #46 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i must admit, 4-connector mini trs's would be interesting for portable balanced setups
biggrin.gif

Fang, I have a project idea for you....

Sure, it would be a great idea. The problem is there are quite a few cable companies here (won't mention names) that insist on using the fattest cable they can possibly stuff in a connector. It's ridiculous.

Oct 6, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #47 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An observation: If a person is willing to spend on a fully balanced signal chain, re-terminating any pair of headphones is a relatively small expense.

Just want to be clear that the expense isn't the issue at all. I just feel like the high end headphone manufacturers should know that at least a couple people would like for them to take the next step to cater to the high end consumer. I truly don't understand this whole argument of "it costs the manufacturer too much." The K1000 was a VERY reasonably priced piece of high end equipment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, it would be a great idea. The problem is there are quite a few cable companies here (won't mention names) that insist on using the fattest cable they can possibly stuff in a connector. It's ridiculous.

Yep, stock cables are good enough for me in the vast majority of cases. Stock connectors, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back