$47 for a headphone adapter???? There must be another way!
Apr 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

expxe

100+ Head-Fier
WTH? Where else can I get such an adapter? It doesn't even have to be Grado as long as it is not $47!!!

capturel.png

Apr 18, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #6 of 41
I assure you once you submit that order to process they will cancel w/o a ray of explanation. Grado doesn't allow their distributors to ship overseas, US to Canada at least. I've been there myself. Certain ebay sellers will ship to Canada and I did purchase a couple of those from UK sellers for roughly half that amount.

Apr 18, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #7 of 41
Apr 18, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #10 of 41
I don't know about Canada, I've hardly lived there. I meant, it's not a hard cable to make. Some local hi-fi dealers, perhaps? Or get a member in the USA to do it and mark it as 'cable repair'? I doubt Best Buy has them, in the US IIRC they only stocked banana plugs and Monster cable.

Apr 18, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #12 of 41
Do your own research mate. I haven't lived in Canada for years, I can't help you there. Price could be a big problem, yes.

Apr 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 41
I don't think there are many people that are interested in Hi-Fi here in Toronto. And even if there was I would guess it would be pricey, Toronto is the most expensive city to live in Canada. That is why I am looking online.

Apr 18, 2010 at 6:17 PM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by expxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, my headphones already comes with one of those adapters. It sucks.

I want one with the cable in between, like the Grado's in the original post.

Why does it suck? and how does the cable make it suck less? :

Apr 18, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why does it suck? and how does the cable make it suck less? :

Stress when you put a 1/4" jack into a mini. The cable reduces stress. I cheaped out and skipped one of these, my old Headroom Micro's jack left a bit off after a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back