$45 GS1000 pads for only $4!!!
Mar 1, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #63 of 99
well, i ordered one pair just for kicks, i've been looking for a comfort solution to my 325s that doesn't cost 120$ for awhile, and if i can keep the grado look, even better, if it works out great, if not, oh well.

but, as far as current conversation goes, i never thought it was wrong to walk away from a clerk that gave you too much change, i'm not sure if that makes me evil, and i don't think it's stealing, i think the onus is on the clerk/data enterist/organization. likewise, if i gave someone too much change i would expect them to keep it and i would expect it to come out of my pay, if i've got a calculator, a register, and a brain, i would hope that it would only take a few screw ups to figure it out.

all i'm saying is when a company, especially a web store advertises a price, they should make good on it. i don't think "sorry, we're idiots" is a good excuse, maybe "sorry, we hired a new guy he's still learning" but i view my credit card being charged as an agreement.

and if there are people that are ordering several pairs with the intent to distribute at the original cost,,, that's awesome, saveing some people shipping charges, good person.

and if your selling them for more than a 4 doller profit,, your just slimey, but i don't think there would be anything "wrong" with a small profit. ie, enough to make your pads free.

oh, i don't know where they're based, but it's 10 am where i'm at, and no email yet, i think that would go out pretty quick once they saw they're server sizzling from grado pad orders.
icon10.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:18 PM Post #64 of 99
Just ordered 2 pairs. Thanks again for sharing this.

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #66 of 99
I expect many cancellation emails to come in the next few hours. =[

Mar 1, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #67 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I expect many cancellation emails to come in the next few hours. =[

I suspect the same.
let us pray?
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 4:12 PM Post #68 of 99
$45 dollars now. I don't think they will fulfill the $4 orders...but we can hope.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #69 of 99
i am Mark Schneider, sales manager at Music Direct. we discovered a large pricing error (a digit was omitted) for signature grado earpads on our website. we have corrected the error, and apologize to anyone whom this may have inconvenienced. the error is so large that we will not honor the price. no orders were charged or shipped. we are going to contact every person individually who palced an order for the signature pads and let them know what has happened.

once again, we regret the error.

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #70 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by mschneider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am Mark Schneider, sales manager at Music Direct. we discovered a large pricing error (a digit was omitted) for signature grado earpads on our website. we have corrected the error, and apologize to anyone whom this may have inconvenienced. the error is so large that we will not honor the price. no orders were charged or shipped. we are going to contact every person individually who palced an order for the signature pads and let them know what has happened.

Thanks for the update Mark.

No harm done, an honest mistake. I don't think anyone would object, so long as accounts are not charged.

peace
rs1smile.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #71 of 99
Anyone know of local laws where Music Direct is ?

Sue for false advertising ..LoL !

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #72 of 99
whoopie,,, i hope they had the sense to cancel my entire order, the only reason i bought another item was because i was going to have to pay 7 dollars shipping anyway.

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #74 of 99
Never underestimate the power of Head-fi! Did MusicDirect just get "slashdotted" by us? Nice job on pinpointing us in particular as the source of the cannonball run on these, hehe. Hang around Mike, we're a friendly bunch when we're not trying to take advantage of price discrepancies!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #75 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by mschneider /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi, Sorry about your inventory! LOL
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back