$44,000 MP3 player. You've got to be kidding!
Oct 8, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #16 of 25
maybe it copmes with bose triports
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #17 of 25
For that price it should at least come with an Orpheus and a custom portable tube amp
tongue.gif

Its ugly, fscking expensive, and is only 1gb. Why would anyone in their right mind buy one?
confused.gif

Oct 8, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #18 of 25
In the spirit of competition, I have decided that I want to sell an even more expensive MP3 player. It's a Creative MuVo 256mb without a battery cover. It costs $50,000. However, $49,900 is donated to charity, the "buy taylor some cool electrostatic speakers" fund. You get to have a good MP3 player that is the most expensive MP3 player in the world, and a warm glowy feeling inside for helping me out.

Oct 8, 2005 at 6:05 AM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Does the warranty cover lost Diamonds? I mean, they're superglued so they could fall off by accident right?
biggrin.gif

I do not think warranty is useful for that. You need insurance
icon10.gif

Oct 8, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #22 of 25
is it a mp3 player or a diamond holders?

Oct 8, 2005 at 10:31 AM Post #24 of 25
In the hope of melding the spirit and entreprenuerial savvy of both Azncookiecutter,and Taylor,I propose the following: I will most gladly proffer a set of Oakley Thumpers AND a 24Kt. heavily plated (12 microns -not 10,not 11,but 12!) gold hued (mostly) cover to Taylor's generous offer of a 256 Muvo -sans cover. You get the cover! And some really dope shades to hide behind...Don't turn'em on,for the love of god....

In consideration for the sum of $24,000 USD., I hereby give written notice of a public offering for the aforementioned goods. A portion of the sales proceeds will be donated to an IRS exempt charitible corporation known,simply as "Taylor".
A brief proviso follows.

Tax-exempt entity DBA as "Taylor" is to receive,after all state and federal taxes paid by "Buyer":further defined and expressly limited as "Taylor" -based on the sum,and consideration thereof of property previously described as above for the previously mentioned sum of $24.000 USD,an approportioned fee of 17%,which is limited and applicable to the principal's (Me) contigent sale of one set of Martin Logan Sequel 2 speakers; the sale contigent upon mutual accord and satisfaction of the previously stated usurous term,and other such vague,ambiguous,and hopelessly obliques term as we see fit to apply, deem and define as acitonable. I think I mentioned that the sale is offered soley to the charitable entity known as "Taylor"; as described and defined above,and self-described,expressly,in a previous thread as the same.

Entity "Taylor" agrees to apply the aforementioned post-sale,post tax percentile as an initial down payment on the aforementioned Martin Logan Sequel 2 speakers. Furthermore,upon down-payment of post-tax net income,"Taylor" agrees to enter unto a 40 year payment plan to obtain actual physical posession of the previously mentioned Martin Logan Sequel 2 speakers.

Minor post-sale conditions follow.

Monthly payments,interest only in the APR metric of 96% are due,6 months in advance,per fiscal half-year; note that ballon payments are subject to severe penalties,and that the amortization of the current appraised value of the aforementioned consderation -Martin Logan Sequel 2's- shall be the tax exclusive domain of the note or lien holder,identfied,simply,as me. Physical posession of the M-L Sequel 2 speakers,will,naturally,remain with the principal (Me) until such time as the terms of the purchase and sale,including all pre-tax,post-tax,and any legally binding penalties accrued through the buyer's error,ignorance,non-timely payment,acts of warfare,or natural mishaps. will remain the legal purview and fiscal responsibility of the party defined as the "buyer" of a pair of Oakely Thumpers and the previously described heavily plated Muvo 256 cover. As mentioned briefly above,interest is encouraged,and expected throught the first 18 years of the contract.

A copy of the prospectus and terms may be obtained through my referall at Ropes&Others,Boston,Ma.
A personal message to me ,and from me in turn to THEM (not a typo, trust me,it's THEM...) and 22Gigs of free hard drive space are neccesssary to download the complete prospectus and the complete contract. a quick three-day read...I smiled three times,and almost grinnned once,so it's not nearly as dry a read as you might think.

Do Taylor a favor buy some stuff from me. I promise anyone who has read this far never to offend your eyes -or your sensibilities- by posting similar **** here on this forum. You've just read the prose equivalent of a $44K Mp3 player,but my words here make more sense than that player does...
Bed time. Been out fishing for stripped bass... Caught the tide right,and 4 dogfish (sandsharks without teeth,for those who don't know),but,no bass.
Squid is back in the freezer. The dog peed. Sun is coming up. Thanks for your patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back