$400 for edm/classical iems
Mar 29, 2013 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lavantgarde

New Head-Fier
I mainly listen to edm and classical music. Under the edm scope there's an emphasis on chillout downtempo: trip hop, nujazz, acid jazz, illbient, downbeat, etc.- minimal/progressive house, trance (vocal, progressive, goa), ambient, dnb. The main subgenre is downtempo, by far... this is what I'd like to focus on, but, for the most part, they should all require a somewhat similar iem. Under classical I listen to mostly baroque, but anything goes: Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi, Tchaikovsky, Handel, Schumann, etc.

I've a strict $400 budget.

I will be using a sansa clip+ with rockbox.

I am currently using Denon C710 - I cannot distinguish specific things I like about these since these are the only worthy iems I've had. I like that the nozzle is bent because it snuggles into my ear nicely - their smallish size helps, I'd think. The only real complaint I can give, since I cannot judge the sound quality, is that the cord is a bit small. I was looking at the sm3 v2s and was disappointed about the small cord.

I'm not a basshead. The music I listen to definitely requires good bass but I feel I like a more controlled and subtle bass; I don't like bass that overpowers the song and clouds its detail but I also don't want a lack of bass - my tastes lie on a mean.

Here are some songs that epitomize what I listen to - if you know supperclub, by the way, that's my stuff...

J.Viewz - Feeler
Sounds from the Ground - Move on
Late Night Sneaky - Ready for Some games
spooky - strange addiction (dub addiction)
nightmares on wax - you wish

caribou - jamelia (r3volve remix)
james zabiela - blame
reptile youth - black swan born white
iio - is it love

beethoven's moonlight sonata mvt 3 (kempff)
miserere mei deus - kings college choir

darude x robert miles - children of the sandstorm

thanks for your time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back