4 ETY in different case
Mar 29, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #31 of 62
If you could design a dual-driver ety, you'd really have something. I think both the ety and shures have their strengths but I thought a dual-driven ety would be better since the do detail better but just need more strenght in the bass end.

Mar 29, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #33 of 62
Quote:

Originally posted by KPOT
iamdone, what do you mean? To use 2 same drivers on each channel?

Yes, like what the Shures do using a crossover to seperate the fequencies. I don't think it would work right since one driver would need to be designed to handle the bass better.

The only problem with the Shures is they don't do the highs and detail as well as the etys but they have them beat in the low end. I haven't listened enough to see if it's actually more accurate and not just more pronounced.

Mar 29, 2004 at 11:10 PM Post #34 of 62
I think crossovering is not good thing to provide flat frequency response curve. Also you need different drivers. Fro example, bass booster and high frequencies twiter. Same drivers can sound loud without any distortion, but they can't sound more accurate...

Mar 29, 2004 at 11:18 PM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

I think crossovering is not good thing to provide flat frequency response curve. Also you need different drivers. Fro example, bass booster and high frequencies twiter. Same drivers can sound loud without any distortion, but they can't sound more accurate...

That why I didn't think it would work without the drivers made to do like you said. I believe the Shures are specifically designed to have one low and one high. I just figured if etys ever designed a dual-driver it would be better than the shure version.

Mar 30, 2004 at 5:00 PM Post #38 of 62
I asked Don Wilson about wire.
Quote:

Don Wilson:
1.We are using a tinsel wire for our cables. It has the best flexibility properties of any wire we looked at. It is not an off the shelf product unfortunately.
2. The wire is a 7 conductor silver plated copper tinsel wires. The tinsel used has a polyester core (as compared to kevlar) with the flat conductor wrapped around the core. It is almost impossible to damage this wire by flexing it.

Mar 30, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #40 of 62
NEW MOD!
I've changed factory pod to my own! I like new one!

pod.jpg

Mar 30, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #42 of 62
I can say, that IpsilonSound's filters mod really works! Sound became more airy, more accurate.

121_2108-vi.jpg

121_2110-vi.jpg

Quote:

IpsilonSound wrote:
Green filters

In no case, I claim this to be the only possible way to improve the Ety sound. It's only my preference and I try to share my experiences with others. I noticed that they sound more airy and cleaner with that kind of filters. I experimented with various materials using different phones and hate foam and dense synthetic fabric. They dampen the sound too much. The less resistance between the diaphragm of the phone and the eardrum, the better, IMHO, of course.
Honestly, i have a hard time believing that using small caps with a fairly dense green material is the right way to shape the sound, this can be best achieved during the design stage of the tranducer, its material properties, coil characteristics, etc. Its primary purpose is probably nothing more that keeping the inside of the phone from earwax and dust. The bad thing is that the metal cap also reduces the size of the sound canal a tiny bit.
My filters are completely removable and can be made in 10 seconds using paper hole puncher and right material from the cd wallet, usually dollar stores carry the best ones, which is less dense, I got this one in Europe last summer when purchased lots of cd's and didn't want to carry the case boxes back to Canada. To replace the filter, no painful surgery to the phone is needed, only removing the foam tip, placing the new filter ring on the nozzle of the phone and putting the tip back.
Anyhow, the original cap filters are now stocked back in the plastic container and put to rest. I can put them back if needed.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:00 PM Post #45 of 62
Quote:

HEY MEN! I created my own filters. What material? Tea bags papers!!! Very thin paper!

Very cool, keep up the good work with your Ety mods!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back