3rd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 1st, 2014
Oct 18, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #46 of 105
Hi Team,
I've been looking for a local group.  I don't have much gear but I want to audition some of the gear that you guys have to offer.  I will volunteer my time to help you guys setup in the morning (I have school in the afternoon) and bringing some food, beverages and napkin.  See you peeps there.

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #49 of 105
OK, I think I have the list updated.

No worries about the cancellations.

We are  up to 17 tables for the vendors and anyone who RSVPed with equipment and table requests.

If you are on the list in the first post, but there is no gear listed under your name, then I am assuming you do not need table space. We have 5 tables left, so if you do want table space, please let me know.

Should be a fun meet.

-Darin

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #50 of 105
FYI, I am trying to get a Schiit Ragnarok to demo at the meet. Fingers crossed...
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #53 of 105
Do
Don't tease me man! Miss the ragg a the la meet

OMG me too! the Rag + Alpha Dog is musical bliss. I will be bringing the Alpha Dog with OCC cables. It's like a closed HD800 or Audeze headphone in regards to SQ ;] vocal imaging is A++++ the ultimate test IMO

Oct 26, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #54 of 105
I wonder, will the ak240 be there for audition by any chance....anybody know? And the 901, maybe? Ooh, 7 more days, I sure have been looking forward to this show to get fitted for my K10 by Brannan himself! It will be my first audio meet ever.
The only thing that comes close is my old days as a hifi tube nut in Boston at AudioVision. That was back in the late '70s and 80s. Had a Basis Turntable, straight tracking tonearm, Jadis pre and their monoblock amps and Duntech Marquis speaks. Don't have them anymore. Had to leave Boston quick, so sold all my stuff for pennies on the dollar, ouch.

See you all there!

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #55 of 105
  I wonder, will the ak240 be there for audition by any chance....anybody know? And the 901, maybe? Ooh, 7 more days, I sure have been looking forward to this show to get fitted for my K10 by Brannan himself! It will be my first audio meet ever.
The only thing that comes close is my old days as a hifi tube nut in Boston at AudioVision. That was back in the late '70s and 80s. Had a Basis Turntable, straight tracking tonearm, Jadis pre and their monoblock amps and Duntech Marquis speaks. Don't have them anymore. Had to leave Boston quick, so sold all my stuff for pennies on the dollar, ouch.

See you all there!

AFAIK, Astell & Kern will be at the meet, so I assume they will bring at least one of everything. 

Don't know if anyone is bringing a 901.

Looking forward to the meet!

Oct 26, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #56 of 105
  AFAIK, Astell & Kern will be at the meet, so I assume they will bring at least one of everything. 

Don't know if anyone is bringing a 901.

Looking forward to the meet!

Thanks Darin, looking forward to meeting you too. Good to know AK will be there even if 901 or Hifiman may not. It is now 12:03 am, PDT, so only 6 days away, whee!

Oct 26, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #57 of 105
Hi Darin,

I am planning to stop by in the morning, but probably won't be able to stay very long. I won't need a table. If anyone is interested, I have some portable gear available for sale that I'll bring with me (anyone interested can PM me for details, but I'll give local Head-Fi members great prices at the meet, or you can pay in advance instead of bringing cash)

Biosciencegeek CMoy amp (9V)
Fiio E12 portable amp
Fiio E10 USB DAC/amp
Practical Devices XM-6 DAC/amp

Sorry to sound like a sales flyer, but as you can tell, I'm thinning out my collection a bit!

I'll bring some other portable gear, if anyone wants to try them out for a few minutes, just ask me while I'm there:

CEntrance Hifi-M8 (non-Apple version)
Beyerdynamic T51

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #60 of 105
   I will be bringing my custom DSP filters for three sets of cans:  AKG-K701, Beyer DT-880 and Sennheiser HD-650. Those who have already heard my DSPd  AKGs pretty much know what to expect but this time I will allow switching between bypass and DSP modes for all to hear how enormous the difference really is. 
   I am planning to bring three pairs of my modified PM-2s and will allow anyone to take it for a spin on your own gear during the meet. Each set will come with FR measurement graph comparing response before and after modifications.
   I now feel modified PM-2s can finally compete with my DSPd staff and will be putting it against any/all of the aforementioned  sets.
 Warning: CD player will be the only source I am going to use so please make sure to bring your reference CDs if you want to have some real fun at my table. 
   See y'all Saturday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back