3rd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 1st, 2014
Sep 7, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #16 of 105
  I'm in. I had a table at the LA meet and would need a table here too. Put me down for one and if something happens and I can't make it I will provide plenty of notice so the table can be given to someone else.

At the LA meet no one was interested in listening to CD's via my Rotel CD player so I won't bring that this time and just rely on a laptop and digital music. I will bring a A/B passive switcher (not the Schiit SYS though I will bring that too) for those that want to compare either headphones or my amps or DACs to each other.

Equipment list:

Amps:
Garage1217 Project Ember
Garage1217 Project Polaris

DACs:
Oritek Audio OMZ DAC v4.1
MHDT Labs Pagoda

Preamp:
Schiit SYS

Headphones:
Audeze LCD-2 Rev2F
Grado 325i
Sony MDR-XB700

Question...everyone will be in one room this time? One thing I didn't like about the LA meet is how we were all in different rooms.

Hi Amish,

Yes, everything is in one room. Makes it easy to make sure you don't miss anything. It's also small enough that I think most people with gear feel comfortable leaving their table to go hear other gear. You can see your gear from anywhere in the room.

Sep 9, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #18 of 105
I'm planning on attending.  I could bring some gear from the list below, with the one caveat below.

Schiit Bifrost Uber with USB (gen 1)

Schiit Lyr or Bottlehead Crack

Sennheiser HD600/650/800
Hifiman HE-500

However, I don't have a laptop to use to play music with.  If anybody would like to bring a laptop to share a table and hook up to my gear, let me know.  If not, I'll just check out what others bring. 

Thanks.

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #19 of 105
  I'm planning on attending.  I could bring some gear from the list below, with the one caveat below.

Sennheiser HD600/650/800
Hifiman HE-500

However, I don't have a laptop to use to play music with.  If anybody would like to bring a laptop to share a table and hook up to my gear, let me know.  If not, I'll just check out what others bring. 

Thanks.

Hey I am down to split a table. I am bringing a whole desktop PC haha since I do not have a laptop and my iPad doesn't contain any of my music. I got close to 6000 songs and plenty of music from all genres and eras (60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, now). 86% of my library is also lossless :]

I will also bring my Beyer DT880 if you want to compare that with the Sennheiser HD6xx series

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #20 of 105

Sennheiser HD600/650/800
Hifiman HE-500

Thanks.

I too can lend my table and lappy. Though Wahsmos has a PC...lappy cant beat that ...lol

Sep 12, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #21 of 105
Thanks Wahsmoh and Amish.  Looks like we'll be all set.  I can also bring a portable USB hard drive with my music. 

Wahsmoh, which version of the DT880 do you have?  I had the 600 Ohm version.  It sounded nice on the Crack. 

Thanks

Sep 13, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #22 of 105
  Thanks Wahsmoh and Amish.  Looks like we'll be all set.  I can also bring a portable USB hard drive with my music. 

Wahsmoh, which version of the DT880 do you have?  I had the 600 Ohm version.  It sounded nice on the Crack. 

Thanks

I have the 250 ohm version. I haven't had the chance to compare the two side by side. I have heard the DT880 600 ohm paired with the Crack and it is very nice and musical. I really enjoy the DT880 though and for a mid-fi headphone it's one of the most detailed I've ever heard. I do think the HD600 pairs better with the Crack and I've heard that combination which is lovely.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Dan again because he will have the Alpha Dog with the stock cable and we can see if my ears are correct that this after market cable is indeed the pathway to musical heaven :]

Sep 14, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #23 of 105
I should be there. I'm not going to bring any equipment unless it's necessary.

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #24 of 105
Hey Darin,

I'm looking forward to attending and trying our your new software (for mac)!
Will you be brining your smyth realiser A8 by any chance?

Whom will be attending from HeadAmp BTW?

Thanks!

Sep 15, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #25 of 105
Hey Darin,

I'm looking forward to attending and trying our your new software (for mac)!
Will you be brining your smyth realiser A8 by any chance?

Whom will be attending from HeadAmp BTW?

Thanks!

I will not be bringing the Smyth Realiser. Generally it's a lot of work to setup and do demos so it takes up all my time. But I will have plenty of systems set up running Out Of Your Head instead

I do not know who will be coming from HeadAmp. They haven't told me, but you can PM or e-mail them.

-Darin

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #27 of 105
Hello everyone. I'm new here (longtime lurker from reviews/shopping research). Just getting in to high quality audio as a hobby. Is this event limited participation or open to the public?

Sep 16, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #28 of 105
  Hello everyone. I'm new here (longtime lurker from reviews/shopping research). Just getting in to high quality audio as a hobby. Is this event limited participation or open to the public?

The event is open to the public. Since it's free, just show up. (The library requires that all events be open to the public anyway.)

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #29 of 105
Hey all! Getting excited for this, even though it's still more than a month away :) :frowning2:

Small change to my gear: I won't be bringing my FiiO E9 (because it broke completely, like I expected it would). However, I'll bring my Audioengine D1, which I got to replace it.

That's all!

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #30 of 105
Hi, I'm a long time lurker.

I'm in, and I'll be bringing my wife as well.  Please reserve me half a table.

I'll bring:
Schiit Bifrost Uber USB Gen 2
Schiit Asgaard 2
Grado GS1000i

RSA Predator
Grado GR-10

By request I can also bring:
Etymotic ER4S
Westone UM3
Shure 840
Grado SR200i

Users who are viewing this thread