3rd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 1st, 2014
Sep 4, 2014 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 105

darinf

Member of the Trade: Darin Fong Audio
It's that time of the year for another San Diego Head-Fi meet in Coronado. Same location, same time, same price: FREE!!

I have confirmed a location and time for the meeting:

The meet will be from 11:00am until 4:30pm on Saturday, November 1st, 2014.

The meet will be held at the Coronado Public Library in the Winn Room: 640 Orange Avenue, Coronado, CA 92118 (619) 522-7390

The library has 22 tables. Table space is allocated when you RSVP for the meet and for table space. So let me know early if you need table space and how much space you need.

There is no parking lot, but street parking shouldn't be a problem. The parking on the main street in front of the library is 2 hour parking. But all the other side streets in the neighborhood are unrestricted.

We will have access to the room for setup starting at 10:00am and we will have 1 hour to pack up and put away the tables and chairs, clean, etc. at the end. We must be completely done in the room by 5:30pm.

We are allowed to bring food and beverages (no alcohol though). I have not made any plans to provide anything yet, but last year it worked out well. We had pizza, sandwiches, sodas, fruit, snacks, sweets, etc.

I will be working on getting sponsors and update this thread.

Other than that, please post on this thread if you plan on coming and what equipment you can bring, if any.

Also, if anyone else wants to help with the organization of this event, please PM me. To be honest, last year, it was relatively easy to organize.

Subscribe to this thread and check this post for updates.

Looking forward to a decent turn out!

-Darin

Vendor/Sponsor list:

Darin Fong Audio - Out Of Your Head:

Brilliant Zen Audio:

LFF (EnigmaticAudio.com):

Mr.Speakers:

Noble Audio:

Headamp:

WyWires:

SUBPAC: (Tactile bass system)

RadHaus:

Astell & Kern:

WyWires:

Sonic Studio (Amarra):

Eddie Current: (0.5 table)

Equipment list:

darinf:
  1. Out Of Your Head - BOTH Windows and Mac versions!
  2. Stax SR-009
  3. Stax SR-407
  4. Stax SRM-323A Amp
  5. Schiit Lyr 2
  6. Schiit Vali
  7. Sennheiser HD 800
  8. Paradox Enigma
  9. Paradox Slants
  10. Vostok Sound ES-21 Prototype Electrostatic Amp and DAC
  11. Pendulumic Stance
  12. Etymotic ER4S
  13. Geek Out 450
  14. Geek Out 720
  15. iBasso D7 Sidewinder DAC
  16. Koss PortaPro with Kramer and Quarter mods(These things are amazing!)
  17. PC laptop running some cool stuff.
  1. HRT MicroStreamer
  2. Vmoda Crossfaded M-80
  3. Astell & Kern AK120
  4. SUBPAC - personal tactile audio transducer (awesome for movies in surround sound!)

Zashoomin:

adewolf1:

45longcolt:

audiofrk:

littlexsparkee:

wahsmoh: (0.5 table)
  1. Gear: Schiit Asgard 2 and Bifrost Uber
  2. Mr. Speakers Alpha Dog
  3. Desktop PC

Gyroscope352(0.5 table)
  1. AKG A701
  2. AKG K81DJ
  3. FiiO E9 desktop amp (Maybe, even though I kind of hate mine)
  4. FiiO E6 mobile amp
  5. laptop/iPod with some music.

Amish(1 table)
Amps:
  1. Garage1217 Project Ember
  2. Garage1217 Project Polaris
DACs:
  1. Oritek Audio OMZ DAC v4.1
  2. MHDT Labs Pagoda
Preamp:
  1. Schiit SYS
Headphones:
  1. Audeze LCD-2 Rev2F
  2. Grado 325i
  3. Sony MDR-XB700

shetech:

pervenets: (1.0 table)
  1. Oppo headphones (modified)

Whitetriton: (0.5 table)
  1. Schiit Bifrost Uber with USB (gen 1)
  2. Schiit Lyr or Bottlehead Crack
  3. Sennheiser HD600/650/800
  4. Hifiman HE-500

wahsmoh: (0.5 table)
  1. Desktop PC
  2. Beyerdynamic DT880

mackat:

Neve8028:

tradersancho: (0.5 table)
  1. Schiit Bifrost Uber USB Gen 2
  2. Schiit Asgaard 2
  3. Grado GS1000i
  4. RSA Predator
  5. Grado GR-10

By request I can also bring:
       Etymotic ER4S
       Westone UM3
       Shure 840
       Grado SR200i

mksuen: (0.5 table)
  1. Fiio E17 + E09
  2. Fiio X5 + E12
  3. Grado SR60 (modded)
  4. Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro80
  5. Ultrasone Pro 900
  6. Sennheiser Amperior

XERO1: (0.5 table)
  1. PRIMA headphone stands

RouletteRog:

deharrison:

burnspbesq: (1 table)
  1. Dacs and Amps: Lynx Hilo, Resonessence Herus, iFi Nano iDSD
  2. Phones: Senn HD 800, Aedle VK-1
  3. Sources: MacBook Air, iPad Air, iPod Touch.
  4. Bonus for all you snake-oil debunkers, curiosity seekers, and members of Skeptics Anonymous: I'm hoping to have one of those mysterious Synergistic Research "HOT" thingies (it's on order, don't know if it will arrive in time).

jajur:
  1. NAD HP50

Bong Hollywodd:

SDBiotek:

geokite:

OJNeg:
  1. ECP Torpedo

Kamakahah:
  1. Amp/Dac: Audio-GD NFB-15(2014) ; Fiio X3
  2. Portable Amps: C&C BH ; Topping NX1
  3. Headphones: Sony MA900 ; Sennheiser HD595 ; Senngrado (Lepacho cups and PX100ii drivers) ; Modded KSC75.
  4. IEMS: JVC FX850 and a few others.

Sep 4, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 105
Meet Rules: (I stole these from the LA meet, so some of you should be familiar with them.)

1) Please treat others' gear with the utmost care and respect.
2) Do not unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
3) Do not turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
4) Do not move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
5) Always treat other headfiers with the utmost respect.
6) If a woman shows up - DO NOT GAWK. They are part of the human species and also deserve the utmost respect. Do not fear that this is the only one.
7) Do not bring ANY food or drinks near any equipment, including your own.
8) If you eat, please WASH YOUR DIRTY, GREASY HANDS BEFORE touching other people's equipment.
9) Do not ask the vendors too many questions. They want to have fun too and others may want to ask questions as well.
10) Always follow the rules of the host. He/She/They have been gracious enough to host a meet so he/she/they deserve the most respect and if you don't follow any of the above rules, AT LEAST follow this one.
11) No shirt, no shoes, no headphone meet.
12) Do not put screw drivers in electrical outlets, people's equipment or people's ears.
13) If it's summer - please wear deodorant.
14) If it's winter - please wear deodorant.
15) DO NOT wear hair gel or any cosmetic product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.
16) Make sure your guests, if you bring any, follow the rules as well.

That said....HAVE FUN!

More information about the location:

1. To find the Winn Room, just go into the main entrance to the library which faces Orange Ave.

1. Once you go in the main doors, go to the right of the front desk. There is a door there to your left.

1. Go through the door and turn right until you are facing Orange Ave. again. Continue through the doors into the Winn Room.

Alternately, there is a entrance to the room from the outside. (See map below.) We can use that entrance to load gear in and for people to enter the meet.

If you have any trouble finding the room, you can try calling me on my cell: 619-PHOTOG1 (619-seven four six - eight six four one)

The library opens at 10:00am. If you want to come then to get your gear set up and help setting up the tables, that would be great!

The room is great. It has floor to ceiling windows on three sides. There are lots of power outlets around the base of all four walls. They seem to be spaced about every 6 ft. Please still bring extension cords and power strips just in case.

I would also appreciate it if some people stay later to help put everything away and clean up the kitchen and room, etc.

Here's a map detail:

Sep 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 105
(reserved)

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 105
Darin,  thank you so much again for setting this up again.  I had a lot of fun at the last one and hope that I can make it to this one as well.  I am not sure if I can even make it but if I am I won't be able to bring anything to show  
frown.gif

Sep 5, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #12 of 105
Thanks for all the quick responses.

Vendors and attendees added to the first post.

-Darin

Sep 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #13 of 105
I missed the last LA meet in August since I was in vacation. I will be here :) I need a table because I will be bringing my gear.

Gear: Schiit Asgard 2 and Bifrost Uber
Mr. Speakers Alpha Dog

And a desktop PC cause I need my music :)

Sep 6, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #14 of 105
Hi Darin/fellow San Diegans (is it Diegans?)!

I just moved here from LA, and had so much fun at their March meetup that I've been itching to do another one...so talk about perfect timing! I'd love to attend.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea for me to grab some table space this year. I won't be bringing much, but I'll likely have:

AKG A701
AKG K81DJ
FiiO E9 desktop amp (Maybe, even though I kind of hate mine)
FiiO E6 mobile amp
and a laptop/iPod with some music.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

-Whitson

Sep 6, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #15 of 105
I'm in. I had a table at the LA meet and would need a table here too. Put me down for one and if something happens and I can't make it I will provide plenty of notice so the table can be given to someone else.

At the LA meet no one was interested in listening to CD's via my Rotel CD player so I won't bring that this time and just rely on a laptop and digital music. I will bring a A/B passive switcher (not the Schiit SYS though I will bring that too) for those that want to compare either headphones or my amps or DACs to each other.

Equipment list:

Amps:
Garage1217 Project Ember
Garage1217 Project Polaris

DACs:
Oritek Audio OMZ DAC v4.1
MHDT Labs Pagoda

Preamp:
Schiit SYS

Headphones:
Audeze LCD-2 Rev2F
Grado 325i
Sony MDR-XB700

Question...everyone will be in one room this time? One thing I didn't like about the LA meet is how we were all in different rooms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back