3rd Annual Austin, Texas Spring Meet - March 2nd, 2013
Mar 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #691 of 774
Way overpacked and heading down in a couple of hours. 3 extension cords, and 2 power strips (1 extra).

Mar 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #695 of 774
Yeah supposed to be high of 64 tomorrow. Much better than 50 and pouring rain like last time.

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #696 of 774
Weather tomorrow looks great.  

Here is a quick rundown of the places to eat in the area that I like.  This isn't all of the places to eat, just the ones I know.

In walking distance:  I recommend either one for lunch.  

Tarka:  Fast and good indian food.  Bistro style, no waiters.
Elevation Burger:  Good burger and fries.  Fast service.

Also walking distance, but across Andersen. These would be more of the dinner choices:

Madam Mams:  Great thai food and huge menu.  One of my, if not the, favorite Thai places in town, I eat here about once a week.

Cover 3:  Good food, decent beer selections, upscale sports theme.  This place might be our best bet for dinner if we call ahead.  They have an upstairs area we could try and get if we have enough people.

Hop Doddy: This is regarded as the best burger in town, and one of the best anywhere.  Craft beer selection.  Gets EXTREMELY busy during peak hours.  Wait time for a table can be 30 minutes to an hour.  I would really like to take out of towners here, but I don't think it will work with the size of our group. Also they can't combine tables so we would have to split into smaller groups.

Korea House:  Pretty good korean/asian food.  

There is a ton of other stuff around here, including fast food and other places I haven't eat at.  

Within short driving distance we have some other Austin staples, such as Chuys and Trudys which are Tex Mex places.  Food is good, but not high end, most people go for the drinks.

It sounds like we might have a large group for dinner afterward, so if we have an estimates of numbers and food preference, I can maybe try and call ahead to some places.  

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #697 of 774
Quote:
Oh, and since this hasn't come up yet... I'll bring my camera gear again as well.  Nikon D7000 with a flash and some lenses.  

Nikon 3100 for me - 30-70mm, and 35mm fixed. 16gb and 32gb, so capacity for a few thousand hires (and, yes, an extra battery).

Might venture into some vids but I did not pack either of my tripods.

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #699 of 774
Quote:
Im confused its tommorow right???  Im assuming your leaving early? 

Not all of us are fortunate enough to live in Austin, or foolhardy enough to start driving before the crack of dawn Saturday to make it on time in the morning 
redface.gif

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #700 of 774
It's been really nice out lately. This is the time of year I love living here...but in 2 months it'll start to bake. 

Quote:
Landed in austin. Feels warm already

Yup. People are just coming down early so they don't leave at 5am tomorrow. 

Quote:
Im confused its tommorow right???  Im assuming your leaving early? 

Glad we're got 2 people doing photography. Gonna be big this time so we need LOTS of coverage. 

Quote:

Nikon 3100 for me - 30-70mm, and 35mm fixed. 16gb and 32gb, so capacity for a few thousand hires (and, yes, an extra battery).

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #701 of 774
Good to see I won't be alone :).  I'll bring my sb800, 18-70, 35f/2 and 50f/1.4 (stuff I can fit in my small bag).  I won't be packing a tripod and if I do any video it'll be minimal.  

Quote:

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #703 of 774
I'm looking forward to this awesome introduction to the world of Headphones.

Thanks, to you' all.  Very impressive.

I will bring a box of HygenX disposible headphone covers.  Not sure if anyone will use them, but you never know.

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #704 of 774

Users who are viewing this thread

Back