3rd Annual Austin, Texas Spring Meet - March 2nd, 2013
Dec 30, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #152 of 774
Quote:
Interesting meeting place I just ran across while looking at hotels in the area. The UT Commons atriums are big and cheap. The page says non-UT prices.. so I'm guessing that's for public? This thing says 11,000 sq ft and for only $175 for a full day?? Am i reading this right?
http://www.utexas.edu/commons/rooms/commons/commonsatrium.php
http://www.utexas.edu/commons/rooms/commons_non.php
1.jpg

2.jpg

commonslayout2011.gif

The two atriums (same hallway) in the other building are similarly sized (combined ~10,000 sq ft) and about twice the price as the other atrium, but are basically a wide long hallway, which could be an advantage for sound dispersion (check out the very high ceiling) as well as the carpeted floors absorbing sound compared to the tile floor in the other atrium.
This hallway is a price of $350 combined.
1.jpg

wprlayout_july2010.gif

My only worry with an atrium is.. are these areas in use during our event? Will people be walking through our area to get to other parts of the building?

I'm a UT student but unfortunately have never seen this space. I can take a look at it and report back after winter break (second week of January).

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #153 of 774
There's a few too many gray areas on the UT spot. Thanks though. ATM we're planning on the Norris center, just need someone to go by and check it out.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #161 of 774
Multiple 009s from what it sounds like as well as a BHSE and LL to power them.

Not to mention TH900s, HD800s, hopefully those Paradox again...LCD 3, GS-X...

A few of these are of course dependent on whether Justin decides to come or not, but either way there will be some great gear.

Quote:
Any idea on what kind of gear will be there? I've been really hankering to try the LCD2's and the GS1000i's.

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #162 of 774
I have worked some job fairs at Norris. Decent facility, but don't leave anything in your cars. 
wink_face.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #163 of 774
Spoke with justin confirming the date, since he asked to have it confirmed when we had decided. Indicated he should be there.

With so many people signing up I'm not really interested in organizing a gear list. Someone else can if they want.

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #164 of 774
Since. Chris has taken the reins for planning I can get a gear list together. Everyone PM me with the gear you'll be bringing and I'll compile a list for the thread.

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #165 of 774
Travis can you keep a list of who is bringing gear and cc me on it? I don't need to know the gear, just who and if they will need more than half a table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back