3rd Annual Austin, Texas Spring Meet - March 2nd, 2013
Nov 3, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #33 of 774
I was also lost in translation - but I'll bring the same old stuff, pending what Senn does at CES. Hopefully AC will join as well.

Nov 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #34 of 774
I'll try to make it depending on my (seemingly ever changing) schedule.  I'll try to talk to some other manufactures to see if I can get some various listening options.

Nov 4, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #35 of 774
Much appreciated, Brad. Hoping to see you (and your fantastic vinyl collection) there. I'll have my own analogue rig by then and I'll want to hear all that stuff you have last time.

Quote:
I'll try to make it depending on my (seemingly ever changing) schedule.  I'll try to talk to some other manufactures to see if I can get some various listening options.

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #36 of 774
I'm certainly interested, but my work week actually starts Saturday nights... I'm going to have to see how much time off I'm going to be taking to go out to Arizona for Rangers spring training.

Nov 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #38 of 774
Very happy to join in on March 2... (If I am not already in Europe by then - no firm travel dates yet.) Ahead of SXSW definitely sounds like good scheduling.

(And thanks again, BTW, MorbidToaster, for introducing my wife and me to some very serious gear at the mini-meet at your home.)

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #39 of 774
Where did you guys end up going with it anyway? Never really heard from you since them. We actually still have the wine you brought as well. We've both been far too busy to enjoy it properly lately. I think with the new tunrtable coming home we'll make some time to sit down and listen together and drink it.

Quote:
Very happy to join in on March 2... (If I am not already in Europe by then - no firm travel dates yet.) Ahead of SXSW definitely sounds like good scheduling.

(And thanks again, BTW, MorbidToaster, for introducing my wife and me to some very serious gear at the mini-meet at your home.)

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #41 of 774
Alright guys if all goes well I should have my vinyl rig at the meet this year. Excited about that one. 

Anyone else want to chime in on date? I still think March 2nd is a good one.

Nov 17, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #42 of 774
Quote:
Alright guys if all goes well I should have my vinyl rig at the meet this year. Excited about that one. 

Anyone else want to chime in on date? I still think March 2nd is a good one.

Saturday March 2nd works for me.  Sunday the 3rd would not, as there are SxSW Production Crew meetings scheduled.

Nov 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #45 of 774
Most Saturdays are fine (I'm likely flying in the night before or the morning of and leaving that same day), but Sundays could be an option for me. Mid-late Feb looks flexible if the 2nd of March is bad. If it turns out the best date for the local crowd is a weekday, I don't think I'll be able to attend.

On that note, am very excited to hear your (new and improved from what I read!) rig again Morbid. Picked up an HD800 on the cheap and am in the process of perhaps acquiring a W3000ANV. After spending a few months with different setups, it'll be good to hear a full blown Stax rig and see if the difference is greater than 10-15% sound improvement to my ears.

If so... might need you to introduce me to people to get the best deals possible on a setup (over time of course, wallet could never take that kind of hit in a single day).
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back