3M Dual Lock or rubber bands?
Mar 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Ari33

100+ Head-Fier
Had never heard of this stuff before, well I had but had always thought it was just velcro, judging from the vid it looks so much better than any other method of attaching your player to an amp.. almost snap fit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHrMR3RKVAs

Or are there still advantages to using rubber bands for some combos?

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #3 of 9
I've been using the low-profile 3M Dual Lock for quite a while and as far as giving you a clean and secure fit, it's awesome. Rubber bands have only one advantage and that's that they provide a little but of protection if you drop your rig although I seriously doubt there are a lot of people who actually drop their rigs that often

Mar 18, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #5 of 9
Agree - 3M low profile dual lock = win.  Velcro gets ragged over time.  Bands get in the way - especially if you're using a smart-phone or touch screen DAP.

Here's my iPod Touch with Arrow using dual-lock.  Clean.  Simple.  Win.

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #7 of 9
yja7e6e2.jpg

3M all day bro.
yduqaze3.jpg

Mar 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #8 of 9
3M, unless you need it to be completely removable. That is, if you mind having the 3M stuck to the back of your device when not connected (if you use your phone as a source this may be a concern) you should go with bands. I know some people think 3M sticks a little too well. If its hard to seperate your devices, cut the tips off one side.

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #9 of 9
Sorry for drudging up this thread..
I'm trying to determine if the low profile  version of dual lock is as good as the regular kind - has anyone had experience.
I know the low profile kind says it only has a life of 100 openings, where the regular kind has 1,000 openings. Maybe worth it to just replace the low profile kind after it wears out?
Hmmm..
Maybe I will go with the thicker kind, that way I can still have rubber bands around my FiiO E12, unless I can find some sort of sleeve for it or some kind of protection. 3M also makes little bump legs you can stick on the back, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back