3G Nano Review in Comparison with the 2G...SQ added
Sep 19, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #62 of 80
thanks for the pic! I'm leaning towards 3G nano ... must resist
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #64 of 80
I went and bought one... Size/ A+, Screen/ A+, Cover flow/ A+,
Didn't like about it, 8GB, 16GB would be perfect., sound B- (comparing to my iMod) and it still hiss like crazy with ER-4.
Waiting for my RCA tomahawk, will test with it and make final desition. The size is perfect and A+ for redesign.

Sep 20, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #65 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by yourtoys7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went and bought one... Size/ A+, Screen/ A+, Cover flow/ A+, Didn't like about it, 8GB, 16GB would be perfect., sound B- (comparing to my iMod) and it still hiss like crazy with ER-4.

Larger capacity, as other here have mentioned, would be wonderful. Maybe next year?

I haven't noticed any hiss at all with my FS Atrio M5s, but then the M5s are not as discriminating as the Shure earphones, as they are not as high-end. I'll need to try out some other headphones with my Nano, but thus far I have no complaints. Also still need to see how the Hornet goes with it!

Holly

Sep 20, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #66 of 80
I'm using Shure E3Gs and hear no hiss at all with my 3G Nano. And yes, 16 gigs would have been awesome.

Oh, and another comparison from the old iPods I haven't seen here... the screens seems to be VERY scratch resistant. Haven't seen one appear yet on mine. AppleInsider said they took a coin to theirs and were unable to scratch it.

Sep 20, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #69 of 80
No hiss to speak of with my e500's
biggrin.gif
I wish there where cases available when these thing launch, my back is already a mess. All in all I really like this nano, with the cost of the touch and the supposed problems of the classic, the nano could be the best of the launch.

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #70 of 80
The nano is a nice form factor. However, as some have reported, it's giving me problems frequently with lossless files - after the 1st couple secondes of a file, it'll pause for half a second before continuing, as if it has some buffering issues. This doesn't happen with the Classic, although the Classic takes longer in between lossless files to play, so it may be buffering the file prior to playing it.

Sep 20, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #71 of 80
No one else has mentioned this so I don't know how many it will affect, but I just exchanged my 3g nano due to my car adapter click wheel trouble. The ipod works fine, but the click wheel locks up when plugged into my ipod2car adapter (I forget which model I have, but this is the type that plugs into the auxiliary plug at the rear of your head unit). I have used several other ipods with this adapter- 1g, 2g Nano, 4g, 5g, 5.5g Video and 6g Classic- and none of them exhibit this problem.

Well anyway, brand new 3g Nano does the same thing. I either got 2 bad ones or more likely, the 3g Nano has an issue with this unit in particular, or these units in general. It's annoying, but if they all have it, I guess there isn't much I can do. I would only use this in my car for audiobooks anyway, so I guess I can navigate and then plug it in. Hopefully it is an issue that can be fixed with firmware.

Sep 23, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #72 of 80
Finally, I just saw one of these in person. Holy crap is it thin and small...and cool looking!!

Are you telling me at that size it sounds at least as good as previous two generation Nanos??

Also, I honestly don't think I would want to put a case around this thing. If the front is made better to resist scratches and we end up getting/upgrading to a new player within 2 years anyway....why bother? Enjoy the beauty of the device. No?

Sep 24, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #73 of 80
I have never heard the firs gen but I would say that it is a little bit better than the second gen. Not enough in it self to warrant an upgrade but given the extra features with double battery life, twice the size screen, abillity to play videos (and for me 4 times storage) it was a no brainer upgrade and with the SuperMicro and ALO micro dock so much so that I'm selling my iMod+Xin Reference setup (if anybody will buy it)

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #74 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, smooth as silk.

The above is in reference to Coverflow.

Are all of you finding Coverflow to be speedy? I find that it takes a good 2-4 seconds to load up all of the album art. I only have about 6GB of music on there, but it was certainly speedier when I tried it out with only ~10 albums.

Sep 28, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #75 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally, I just saw one of these in person. Holy crap is it thin and small...and cool looking!!

Are you telling me at that size it sounds at least as good as previous two generation Nanos??

Also, I honestly don't think I would want to put a case around this thing. If the front is made better to resist scratches and we end up getting/upgrading to a new player within 2 years anyway....why bother? Enjoy the beauty of the device. No?

I would still use a case for it. Even though the front is very scratch resistant, the back isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back