3G iPhone presented this monday? What do you think.....
Jun 4, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #16 of 32
Yeah, my mom just told me today the new iPhone is coming out, but tell me something, what's 3G? They still need to expand the capacities more
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, my mom just told me today the new iPhone is coming out, but tell me something, what's 3G? They still need to expand the capacities more
wink.gif

lol it bugs me that a few friends of mine always think "3G" = "3GB of storage sapce," and then after I tell them what it is, they forget about what I told them and ask about a week or so later.
tongue.gif

3G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jun 4, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #18 of 32
I hope a new mac mini comes out. I'd like to update mine.
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #20 of 32
I'm hoping that it'll be thinner but speculations say otherwise due to an improved camera (perhaps with led flash?) and bigger battery. Kinda like those phake pics circulating around. Thicker body also points out to more hardware changes and capabilities compared to the first gen: 3G, better processor and RAM for full Flash media, SSD fullforce etc. I'm hoping for 32gb storage but that's just me. And the downside is that a single 32gb SSD is definitely not gonna be cheap (as opposed to a couple 16gb chips like the touch). We might just see a 16gb iPhone with all the cravings for 3G, mustard, pickle and relish. We will see a rebumped memory anyway coming September.

Jun 4, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #21 of 32
I love Apple products but hate AT&T's ripoff rate plans. Only reason I haven't bought an iPhone is AT&T. Unless TMobile USA gets it this time round I still won't be buying an iPhone.

Jun 4, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by triggerc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope it doesn't look stupid like the second picture, I was planning on switching to AT&T for the 3G iPhone after the summer, so it better not disappoint.

The second pic looks like a lot of the out of production WMobile PDA phones that look more like a bar of well used soap than a phone... which is one reason that put me off a lot of them... (some of them look even more like that with a silicon rubber case on it too..)

Since I'm in Taiwan, I have gotten my hand on a mag that have some indepth review of HTC Diamond. I'll have to say this would really make a dent in iPhone 3G's sales figure if it doesn't run of of stock too fast. Since I have never seen such a PDA phone that is actually thinner than a regular cell phone, and unlike the lot of WM phones, this actually have a lot of thought put into the custom software and handy little features.

Anyhow, it would really be interesting to see the two fight it out, choices, choices, lots of choices.
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I am excited!
I'll probably have to score one of these, one way or another.

i got mine from the US via ebay, then unlocked it

if it doesnt have sq, 3g, gps, stereo decent speakers, video camera, i wont be getting it

Jun 5, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #26 of 32
Man... I just got an iPod Touch and it makes my Sprint Motorola Q look like it came out of the stone age. 3G connectivity is really the last thing other phones had going. EVDO really is amazingly convenient, but Windows Mobile is worthless and unreliable.

Jun 6, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4metta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love Apple products but hate AT&T's ripoff rate plans. Only reason I haven't bought an iPhone is AT&T. Unless TMobile USA gets it this time round I still won't be buying an iPhone.

I don't think the rate plan is bad at all. I was already with AT&T when I bought my iPhone and on their cheapest plan: $29.99 per month. The iPhone requires the $20 per month unlimited data plan, and $50 per month isn't unreasonable, considering.

So far, I've never run out of minutes and have never had extra charges for anything. I know people gripe, but I've never had a call dropped or other problems with AT&T. Considering that I get at least a couple hours of use from the iPhone every day, it's been worth it.

Jun 6, 2008 at 11:24 AM Post #29 of 32
What you people are forgetting is the point of SDK being released to the public and that Means current and future iphone customers will not be buying any Buttberries for their companies or Lameboys for themselves..

everyone in this country is way crazy on 3G, sad part most of the current iphones abilities have not even been used yet. All 3G is going to do is higher data rate at the cost of your battery life...OMG LIKE WOW !!!!111!!!one!

GPS is a great idea but before you request it or get all nutty-for-the-butty on it ask yourself two questions first, how much have you ever really used google maps on your current iphone? and do you have a pocket/other navi now (like Garmin Nuvi or a small tomtom)?

Better Camera? yeah this goes with any phone of the market today...

my point is the real deal of any iphone is SDK going public and the programs made by third party peeps available for download. the only limit to the programmer with SDK in his hands is the operating system and internal speed/memory basically..basically. since the iphone runs on MacOS your looking at your iphone as a thinner mac air, well you get the point i am trying to make.

3G/GPS/camera are all way to expected, i would not be surprised Mr. jobs has something up his sleeve for us, maybe a massive memory bump or something...something to stay the lead amongst all the iphone wannabees coming out or are already out now.

who knows iphone2 make be able to make a shot of espresso?
well ok maybe we can finally use our LOD's with it for our portable rigs?...oh the dreams..haha

depending on how much memory they release it at this week i will probably buy one, i have the 16gb now and could really use 32gb or higher. i mean all i can fit in this little guy now is 3,400 songs..i need more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back