<$350 Amp for 250ohm DT 880 Beyers
Oct 18, 2012 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

00birdy

100+ Head-Fier
I've been searching for weeks now and think I may just settle on the Grant Fidelity/Yulong  TubeDAC-11.  I like the fact that it has a plethora of inputs and outputs and a slight warming sound from what I've read.  I'd like to just give a little bit of musicalness to these beyer's even though I know that's not what they were made for.

I can't find too many choices with optical or coax in, other than this and audio-gd.  With this product I also won't have to go spend another $100+ on a sound card or dedicated DAC.  I think I've looked at almost all the choices out there but I just wanted to double check and get opinions again before ordering.  Other things I wanted to compare the Grant to were the Schiit Valhalla or maybe one of those $300 tube options.  I would have to get something less and find myself a DAC/soundcard if I went with that option though.

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I've been searching for weeks now and think I may just settle on the Grant Fidelity/Yulong  TubeDAC-11.  I like the fact that it has a plethora of inputs and outputs and a slight warming sound from what I've read.  I'd like to just give a little bit of musicalness to these beyer's even though I know that's not what they were made for.

I can't find too many choices with optical or coax in, other than this and audio-gd.  With this product I also won't have to go spend another $100+ on a sound card or dedicated DAC.  I think I've looked at almost all the choices out there but I just wanted to double check and get opinions again before ordering.  Other things I wanted to compare the Grant to were the Schiit Valhalla or maybe one of those $300 tube options.  I would have to get something less and find myself a DAC/soundcard if I went with that option though.

How about a used Xonar DX or D1 sound card (CS4398 DAC).
And a used Little Dot MKIII tube amp.
Should be under you budget.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah I considered it, how would that compare to the Grant though.  I could ask the same about the following:

Darkvoice 336xx
La Figaro/Darkvoice 332x
Schiit Valhalla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back