30th November Evening - Mini Meet in Bank, London
Nov 5, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #16 of 90
Cool, will be good to meet everyone, and sorry to hear about your bad luck gngf123 - hope you're OK.

So when would those coming be able to get there? I've got the room booked from 6 so it can be any time after that.

I could personally get there for six no problem but understand others might be further afield. Any preferences for starting time?

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #19 of 90
I would love to come along to a meet. If you ever decide to do one on a weekend I'll be there! (Unfortunately it would take too long to get into London after finishing work to make it worth while for me on a week night.)

Nov 7, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #22 of 90

Quote:
Planning to be there by 7pm. I see quite few people are bringing headphones but is there going to be enough sources/ amp? Considering taking my Concerto with me....

Bring the Concerto. I'd love to hear that with the T1
L3000.gif

Nov 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #23 of 90
I'm interested, but even with only an hour's train ride into London, I don't know that I can be fussed to bring much in the line of equipment considering I'd be there around 4-5 hours at most. My only decent source is a heavy CD player, so I'd need a taxi to get me back from the station to my home at night, which would probably cost as much as the train fare on its own, making it a cost I can't really justify for a short evening meet. I could probably fit my K601 and GS Solo amp in a back-pack, but I don't really see the point when I'd only have an iPod to run them from, so unless someone else would happen to have a spare CD player or something they could bring just for the evening, I'd only be coming as a person if that would be welcome. All I can offer otherwise is a chip into the venue cost, and a camera (albeit a low-end DSLR) to document the meet (though I'm sure there will be cameras aplenty knowing Head-Fi users in general
tongue_smile.gif
 ).

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #24 of 90
Hey man, there will be plenty of sources and amps there I'm sure. At the last one it was pretty open with people trying heapdhones with different amps around the room. So long as everyone is respectful of others gear there's no problem.  Just take along the phones and the camera, it'll be cool.

Nov 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #25 of 90
Hey sorry have not been keeping up with this thread. I'll bring along my Cantate.2 will be good to compare it to it's big brother the Concerto if that comes along too. I'll also bring my Pico amp with DAC and my laptop.

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #27 of 90
Will be good practice P4Z, it's not the brightest room in the world so some nice long exposure SLR shots would be nice.

Completely absurd impulse buy last night - I won some Jecklin Floats off ebay! The dynamic model 2s.

They need the foam replacing but will try and get it done before the meet and bring them as a novelty.

For those who don't know:

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #29 of 90
I'd love to come if nothing big comes up in Uni. I'm also a complete noob in many ways, and don't have much interesting to bring (except a third (fourth?) HD600), an Apogee One, macbook and Nikon D80!:) And the RSA Protector if it has arrived in time!

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #30 of 90
Well the D90 will be my first proper camera...only used and entry-level digital compact before, and my phone.
Here's some stuff I managed to get from my HTC Hero: http://p4zp47z.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured--4

smily_headphones1.gif

I can't wait to try the Floats... hehe
Hopefully I'll enjoy them as much as I'll feel silly wearing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back