30th May 2010 Calgary, Alberta Meeting ( come and talk)
May 14, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #31 of 42
University Options:

Okay, I spent the afternoon checking out options (sadly this was one of my more productive days in the last little while) and here's what I got:

- The labs I have cardkey access to are a no-go.  I'd get in trouble, so sorry but I can't risk it for this.

- The library workrooms I can book for free are probably no good.  They have 1 long table that seats 8 chairs, and 1 x 4 socket outlet.

- We can rent rooms, which would be private, so I went and checked them out and counted outlets:
$40/day flat rate - best option has 5 x 2 socket outlets, and probably desks/chairs to sit a class of 20 (that could be rearranged)
$20/hr, no min hrs - has 6 x 2 socket outlets and tons of desks/chairs that could be rearranged.

- Open spaces (i.e. free unless campus security decides to kick us out, but I honestly don't think that would happen as long as we're civilized).  But these aren't guaranteed to be unoccupied, but really, on a Sunday during Summer, I don't think this is an issue.

ES160 - what furyagain suggested, a couple large tables, not sure about outlets

ICT lobby (by the Good Earth coffee shop) - has a raised semi-circular counter/bar, with 6 x 4 socket outlets, and reasonable amount of seating

Engineering Lounge - has ample space, seating (some even kinda comfortable) and about 12 x 2 socket outlets.

I think the best option would be the Engg Lounge - the least likely to be used by anyone else, the most space, and a lot worse stuff has gone on in the Engg building (and it's a crappy old building unlike ICT), so I'd expect campus security to be a lot more willing to turn a blind eye.  2nd option ICT, 3rd option ES160.

Let me know what you guys think.

May 18, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #32 of 42
all three location are pretty close to each others.

we can just pick one and meet first then if we don't like it , we go next>>

so when should we do ? like after noon ??

also who is going ???

By the way , yes
 I WILL go Sure go >

May 20, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #34 of 42
i am good for anything..

about renting a room for 40 dollars for whole day,

i don't mind paying 20 dollars  of that,

also...
if some people don't know how to get around in the university , we can meet somewhere else first for some people then go together>>>>>

i am really flexible...

May 23, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #35 of 42
today is  23 th of may  2010 now

seems like  head-fier in calgary is not interest in a meeting in may...

Am i right ????

plz prove me wrong..

anyone still want to meet next week ?
 lets do a head count now///

May 24, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #37 of 42
I'm still up for a meet, however this is what's happened to most Calgary meets.  For whatever reason Edmonton meets seem to have a better turn out.  (even from Calgarians).

May 27, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #38 of 42
I agree.

i think people in Calgary just too busy for something else,

if anyone start a meeting , i will come , if not   i will not bother to try again.

May 27, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #39 of 42
Thanks for trying to start the meet, just hold out for an Edmonton meet they seem to have great turnout and there's usually a few Calgarians making the trip so it's not too hard to find some company and/or a ride.

May 29, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #40 of 42
I won't be able to make it tomorrow, sorry. I don't even think there's going to be a meet at all to be honest. I would like to have a meet later during the summer if we can get people to come, because I can't make a trip to Edmonton for a meet, I don't even have a car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back