30th May 2010 Calgary, Alberta Meeting ( come and talk)
Apr 27, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #17 of 42
Hey, I've been sick for awhile and haven't been on head-fi. I'm still up for the meet, the 9th or 23rd would be best for me. I think the library was a good place, but we were a little rushed. The Edmonton meets at the UofA and the Gramaphone were even better. I honestly don't have a better idea for a location though.

Apr 27, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #18 of 42
People in Calgary need to be more active!!

Library is good, actually i think i am going to go check U of C, if i remember right
U of C shouldn't be too busy right now , as only minimum student from spring semester will be there,
mmmm i am going to check today with a camera,

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #19 of 42
do we really need a private room for this meeting??

may be we can just meet in U of C ,

for example the earth science building 's lab 160

http://www.ucalgary.ca/map/node/131

search ES ( earth science) room 160
click floors 1

it has no door,
i used to go there to play WOW all the time lol with my laptop,
as it had wired internet. no need for password

Will it be too rush , if we do it on the 9th of may??????????????????????

Apr 29, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #20 of 42
I would be up for a meet in Calgary for sure. I would think late May would work better for me than mid May, if we meet on a Sunday I would also prefer it to happen in the afternoon as I have plans most Sunday mornings until 12 or there about. So I would Say May 30 in the afternoon.

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #21 of 42
Hey, I'd be down for a Calgary meet. Most Sundays should work except the 23rd, so it seems like the 30th is starting to be the front runner.

I (still) don't have any gear really worth bringing, as I just had a deal on some Stax fall through my hands. It pains me just to think of it, I thought it was done & done.

I'll ask around the University as well to see if I could line anything up. I have access to a number of labs that are loaded with tables and outlets, but not sure how much trouble I'd get in if I used it for personal use. I'll ask the lab manager.

Has anyone tried contacting Devin, he's got loads of gear and is a UofC student, but not sure if he's still around over summer.

May 2, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #24 of 42
Hey fellas,

Glad to see another Alberta meet in the works. Unfortunately, I may have to pass on this one. My wedding is rapidly approaching, less than 2 months away. I'll likely be wrapped up in planning and such most weekends from here on in. Have a great meet!

May 3, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #25 of 42
ok so ,,,
lets do 30th may>>>>

now where!!!
where should we do this ?
it will be great that we can meet somewhere we don't need to rush it<<
( free will be the best hehe)
as long as we keep an eye on our gears<
we can just do it in the U of C earth science building lab 160 's corner>
it is a pretty quiet corner>
anyone knows which lab i am taking about ?
or been there??

May 11, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #26 of 42
Hey furyagain,
I checked out this lab and don't know if it'd be that good.  They're almost all individual study carrels with computers on each, which wouldn't leave much space to set anything up.  And if we started unhooking computers, I'm sure campus security would show up in a hurry.  There's a couple desks at the back, but all squished together and not much space.

Is anyone else a UofC student?  I can book workrooms in the library, but only for a 2 hr block max.  If there's another student, we could book the same room back-to-back and have 4 hrs.

Quote:
or been there??

May 11, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #27 of 42
Hi (not sure why I can't seem to post, so I'll try again),

I checked out this lab and don't know how good it'd be.  It's almost all individual study carrel's with a computer on each.  So there's not much space to set up gear, and if we start unplugging computers I'm sure campus security would show up in a hurry.

Is anyone else a UofC student?  I can book a workroom in the UofC library for free, but only for a 2hr block.  So if someone else could book it for the following 2hr block we should have a decent amount of time.

One possibility I had in mind is a no-go (due to construction) but there might be one other option I can dig up here at school.  I should know in a few days.

Quote:
or been there??

May 11, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #28 of 42
i know they have computers...

but at the end of it>>>
there is two table with no computers.
if i remember correct>>( was there 2 weeks ago)>>>
with Internet connection( using network cable)

This is why i said.
 someone( like me) can go there earlier and take over that table>> first

about the library workroom
if we can find another U of C student to book the book, it will be great>>>
( too bad i grad 5 years ago LOL)

or what we can do is....

we can start the meeting earlier  at 160 lab
when we have all peoples then move to the library>>

(atleast..... THIS IS FREE no need to pay like at Calgary public library

May 12, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #29 of 42
I'm up for anything to be completely honest, as long as it's not in screw off land. How much does it cost to rent a room in the CPL? We can always meet up at a Head-Fi'ers home, you know.

May 12, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #30 of 42
Sorry I haven't been of any help with this guys. I have had some family issues that have taken up all of my time. I will more than likely be game for the meet on the 30th still though (but can not guarantee anything as the dust is still settling at home), but it will have to be in the afternoon as I am committed in the morning until at least noon. I will also need a map as I have never been to the University.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back