< $300 IEM's Help!
Feb 27, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #16 of 25
I believe you. And I checked their website. The Orion honestly looks like a real beauty. But unfortunately, I'm from that part of the world that smaller brands don't reach. It looks like I'll have to pass on the Orion. :/

UE900? I'm hearing so many mixed reviews that I don't even know if its good or not. Would you know how it fares against RHA T20?

To me, the UE900 sounded closer to neutral than the T20. However, the quality issue can be a put off. The MMCX connection is one of the poorest I have ever encountered, but the new model now offers deoxit which helps clean the contacts between the connectors, a decent fix.

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #17 of 25
To me, the UE900 sounded closer to neutral than the T20. However, the quality issue can be a put off. The MMCX connection is one of the poorest I have ever encountered, but the new model now offers deoxit which helps clean the contacts between the connectors, a decent fix.

I have heard of the body of the UE900's breaking or splitting right smack in the middle. I understand that the UE900 is a remarkable piece of engineering. But it seems that Logitech has compromised the build quality to reduce costs. If the UE900 was made from a more solid resin body, no doubt it would have a better name for itself? I'm leaning towards T20 or the LZ A4 for the sole reason that the body is made of metal. My IEM's get caught in very physically vigorous situations all the time, so build quality is definitely important. I need something that could potentially withstand the impact of a drumstick being swung at full force (I play the drums for a Metal band).

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #18 of 25
I have heard of the body of the UE900's breaking or splitting right smack in the middle. I understand that the UE900 is a remarkable piece of engineering. But it seems that Logitech has compromised the build quality to reduce costs. If the UE900 was made from a more solid resin body, no doubt it would have a better name for itself? I'm leaning towards T20 or the LZ A4 for the sole reason that the body is made of metal. My IEM's get caught in very physically vigorous situations all the time, so build quality is definitely important. I need something that could potentially withstand the impact of a drumstick being swung at full force (I play the drums for a Metal band).

Then it would be better, if not for just the peace of mind, to get something with a sturdier build. My UE900 is still working after 5-6 years of usage, though the paint on one of the face plate is now entirely gone, and I have replaced the cables at least 3 times.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #19 of 25
Then it would be better, if not for just the peace of mind, to get something with a sturdier build. My UE900 is still working after 5-6 years of usage, though the paint on one of the face plate is now entirely gone, and I have replaced the cables at least 3 times.

I just visited my local HiFi shop. I tried the UE900 on display. I have to say, I am a little dissapointed. The sound was so flat that It was a turn off. But I did, however discover the JVC HA-FW01 and the iBasso IT03. I love the warm and rich sound of both the FW01 and IT03. Gotta sit and think of this one!

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #20 of 25
I just visited my local HiFi shop. I tried the UE900 on display. I have to say, I am a little dissapointed. The sound was so flat that It was a turn off. But I did, however discover the JVC HA-FW01 and the iBasso IT03. I love the warm and rich sound of both the FW01 and IT03. Gotta sit and think of this one!

Oh yes almost forgot about the IT03. This one should also isolate better than the A4 and be more sweat-resistant :)

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #21 of 25
Oh yes almost forgot about the IT03. This one should also isolate better than the A4 and be more sweat-resistant :)

Presently I'm a little torn between the HA-FW01 and IT03. The IT03 is great, but the HA-FW01 is JVC's flagship IEM's. Also the HA-FW01 is rather new, so I might try write my very first ever review on Head-Fi.

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #22 of 25
Im03 check out pinkypowers im03 review!

Also you can check out the flc8 and dunu dn2000j

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #23 of 25
Im03 check out pinkypowers im03 review!

Also you can check out the flc8 and dunu dn2000j

I'm not keen on IM03, to be honest. They're a little out of my budget as of now. I already own 2 of ATH's products, and would like a change. 

Yes, I like the FLC8S. They're nice. But unfortunately they're not available in my country. Neither is Dunu DN200J. :frowning2: 

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #24 of 25
Hi, please check the comparisons between LZ-A4 and Ibasso IT03 In relation to the Campfire Audio Dorado. Quite revealing.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/campfire-audio-dorado/reviews/17720

Mar 21, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #25 of 25
i like RHA20 a lot but at the same price point , i would pick Sennheiser IE80 . Senn has one of the best soundstage for sub 300$ IEM imo
1more is releasing a Quad drivers IEM soon , that might be another candidate for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back