$300.00 to spend on EITHER IEMs or Closed Can over the ear. What do you suggest?
Oct 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #16 of 21
Okay I just picked up a set of the V-Moda XS.  So far I really like them.  It is a much different sound signature than the Momentum that's for sure.  I feel these are overall brighter with deeper lows and  brighter highs (maybe a tad less harsh than the momentums). Overall they are brighter and lack the warmth of the momentum but vocals really stand out more on these imho.  I think this is something I just need to get used to after listening to the momentums every day for so long.  I like them a lot.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

I also tried out the AKG - K545 and really liked them too...but the mobility of these rocks so I went with the XS.  

Oct 14, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #17 of 21
Do you find the XS uncomfortable? So far that's my only complaint and that's a real issue for me. A lot of pressure on the ears. I've had these on for an hour and a half and ears are throbbing...

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #18 of 21
I had that problem with the M-80, but the XS is probably the most the comfortable headphone I have. Give it time.

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #19 of 21
I ended up finding a pair of momentums for a fraction of the cost of what I paid for my original E and went with those... I'm sure if I would have given it more time they would have been fine, but they just didn't seem to fit me right.

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #21 of 21
I'm one happy camper again.  I have the Momentums again (i really LOVE these headphones minus the discomfort after a long listen). And thank you all for the recommendation of the GR07.  I got the GR07 Classic Maroons.  Two of the tips that came with it fit me just fine - the foam ones and the largest standard ones.  These IEMs sounds FANTASTIC! I'm blown away and now know this is more than hype!  Unbelievable for $100.00!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back