30$ toy amp better then most?
Oct 1, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #16 of 24
Here is an amp based on the same chipset (or a very similar one) to the T-amp for home use, but it is DIY based:

http://www.41hz.com/ (Amp3 / Amp6)

Amp1 and 2 are more powerful home versions using similar higher power chips from Tripath.

Oct 1, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #17 of 24
T-Amp is very good. Its the kind of amp that you have to hear for yourself to believe how good it is. Trust me, before i got mine, i was very sceptical that a $30 plastic amp can sound good. Oh boy was i wrong!

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #18 of 24
I want to drive some headphones on them
frown.gif

Oct 1, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysticcal
I want to drive some headphones on them
frown.gif

It's possible you could drive high impedance Sennheisers with it, without frying the cans (although the impedance match could be bad, resulting in bloated sound). Or perhaps it could be modded to decrease output... someone should give this a try, and report back!

Oct 1, 2005 at 6:26 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
Wasn't somebody driving K1000 with the T-amp?

Certainly... this guy here
IMG_1134.JPG

Oct 2, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #21 of 24
I tried to find some info on "Son of T-amp", but the darn thing is not even on Sonic Impact's website. Many months ago, I've heard that Sonic Impact wants $300.00 for that improved version of the T-amp. If it's that much, there are better alternatives out there for powering speakers and headphones.

I was considering a T-amp for my speaker-based system, but after considering the cost of the power supply and this and that, it was almost the cost of a TEAC A-L700P Tripath power amp (under $100.00). It just wasn't cost effective for me.

On the other hand, AV123 is currently testing a digital integrated amp with about 50 watts/channel that will retail for about $100.00. I am waiting for that.

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #22 of 24
I have used the Tamp for a couple of years now on my laptop system. They sound good after some burn in. However the componants surrounding the chp itself are very cheap. Last week the volume pot on mine went crazy...but two years for 30 bucks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back