$30 Fake Sennheiser ie80 that sounds very similar?
Feb 22, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #16 of 22
Do you have the Korean website so I can check it out?

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #18 of 22

Oh I have a pair. Those are the KZ ie80s they sound very good IMO wide soundstage. I have never listened to the real ie80s but when I first listened to the KZ ie80s I thought to myself if these are what the real ie80s sound like. IMO well worth the $20 and hidden gem in the Chinese headphone.

Here is a English review https://audiobudget.com/product.php?brand=KZ&id=IE80

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #19 of 22
Oh I have a pair. Those are the KZ ie80s they sound very good IMO wide soundstage. I have never listened to the real ie80s but when I first listened to the KZ ie80s I thought to myself if these are what the real ie80s sound like. IMO well worth the $20 and hidden gem in the Chinese headphone.

Nice that they are not that bad. How are they holding up?

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #20 of 22
Nice that they are not that bad. How are they holding up?

Still going strong. I had them for maybe 4 months.

They are detachable cable.

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #22 of 22
I ended up with a pair of fake ie80s from a seller on Amazon. I won't go into the details of the differences between the fakes and authentic Sennheisers but the differences were subtle. I got was refunded my money, oddly enough got to keep the headphones and got a pair of real IE80s

Anyhoo... MacBook Pro, optical out to Fiio E17. I compared them listening to Florence and the Machine Live at Albert Hall then tracks from Aenima by Tool as it's the album I'm probably the most familiar with and have listened to a million times.

I hate to say it but the sound of the fakes isn't bad, in some ways similar. You get a lot of bass from both, there seems to be more muddiness in the low end of the fakes but it isn't unruly. There seems to be more separation and nuance in the real ie80s, I wouldn't consider them detailed IEMs but there is more definition there. The soundstage of the real Sennheisers shined through and was the biggest difference. The real ones were enveloping , especially with the live Florence video where her voice came from all around you with a warm definition from the orchestra and very full pleasant sound. The fakes were deep, reasonably detailed but especially when it came to vocals they felt a bit choked and claustrophobic in comparison, as if they were coming from smaller speakers from the from left and right of me. Not necessarily bad sounding but the difference was noticeable .

I hate to say it, the fakes aren't bad sounding. I don't in any way advocate buying knock offs , especially when there are great sounding authentic IEMs out there. I like my IE80s for what they are, fun and engrossing. No doubt there better buys out there without going fake.
add a 30ohm resistor impedance and see the magic of OEM Sennhiesser fake

plus the fake IE80 has the same driver as IE8
and graph also match the old ie8

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back