3 presets on Fiio E5?
Jul 8, 2009 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

miloxo

100+ Head-Fier
Ive just received a Fiio E5, and after playing around with it, i found out that it has 3 presets
confused_face.gif

If i put the button between 'flat' and Bass boost, it has a bit more volume and bit more transparant sound.

Anyone else has this too with his Fiio E5?

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #2 of 10
I've got this too. It seems like its halfway switching to bass boost and still muddies up the sound a little bit. Personally, the bass-boost off option sounds best to me.

Jul 13, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 10
I only have two.

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 10
hmm, I can put mine in between...but really I try not to touch anything but the default. I'd rather not fiddle with the sound out of this little thing more that I have to. Listening to some Tiesto now, and I almost prefer not using it with my SE530's...lol.

Jul 15, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #5 of 10
I noticed this with mine. Left no boost, middle really strong mids and highs, right lots of boost. I actually prefer to run it far left with my Sony MDR-V6. It maintains a more neutral tone.

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by insyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yah Ive seen this reported before. I suggest sticking either to bass boost off or on only
smily_headphones1.gif

Why? Do you know something we don't know, like something will blow up
wink.gif
?

Anyway, I had to play with the bass boost switch to carefully get it to move just above the 'off' position. That "middle" setting seems to be a volume boost; fully up seems to be boomy bass boost (not my favorite).

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why? Do you know something we don't know, like something will blow up
wink.gif
?

Anyway, I had to play with the bass boost switch to carefully get it to move just above the 'off' position. That "middle" setting seems to be a volume boost; fully up seems to be boomy bass boost (not my favorite).

It was designed to work this way and is probably a side effect of the switch design. Running it like this might hurt it.

Sep 28, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by apolloltiujr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
???

Is something the matter? Are you tossing random crap into posts so you can get into classifies or something? What's up with posting something in this old thread with so little to add to it?

Sep 28, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #10 of 10
He posted something not too appropriate for the topic, realized his mistake and decided to delete them before the mod comes in.

On a side note, we don't have any restriction in the for sale forum anymore. Member with zero post count can buy/sell stuff now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back