3 new Ultrasone Signature Headphones: Master, Natural and Pulse
Oct 20, 2023 at 6:25 AM Post #406 of 453
I've never had Ultrasone headphones before, I've had many other brand models. Currently, I have had Ultrasone Master for over a year. Great headphones that you will truly fall in love with. I wrote quite a lot about them in the earlier posts of this thread :) but still, even though I have other headphones at home, they are the perfect choice for me. For any kind of music. Great bass, great midrange and highs. The detail of the sound and all the nuances are very well reproduced by these headphones. Importantly, the sound is balanced. I think, after what others write about their models :) of Ultrasone from this line, Masters are the best, the final choice. Maybe Natural ...:)

Oct 20, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #407 of 453
They're rather similar, Master and Natural. It is not a dramatic difference but the master will sound a little warmer with some more bass if you run both with Vegan stock pads. It's a trade off because the slightly less warmth/bass of the Natural leads IMO to it sounding a little clearer - but you may prefer a little more. I hope you can hear them someday to confirm.

They are both 40 MM titanium plated drivers in the same baffle, probably just tuned slightly differently. Maybe akin - do you prefer HD650 or HD600? I've always been HD600 camp. Probably also matters the chain that you have setup for them on the front end as well.

Either way, they are both very impressive and excellent closed backs.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #408 of 453
They're rather similar, Master and Natural. It is not a dramatic difference but the master will sound a little warmer with some more bass if you run both with Vegan stock pads. It's a trade off because the slightly less warmth/bass of the Natural leads IMO to it sounding a little clearer - but you may prefer a little more. I hope you can hear them someday to confirm.

They are both 40 MM titanium plated drivers in the same baffle, probably just tuned slightly differently. Maybe akin - do you prefer HD650 or HD600? I've always been HD600 camp. Probably also matters the chain that you have setup for them on the front end as well.

Either way, they are both very impressive and excellent closed backs.
i was told by friends that master is more holographic.... but dealer told me that they are basicly the same can with different pad and cables

Oct 20, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #410 of 453
i was told by friends that master is more holographic.... but dealer told me that they are basicly the same can with different pad and cables

If anything, I found Natural more holographic because of the cleaner lows with less warmth.

I agree with the dealer but I think they have slightly different tunings of possibly same 40 mm titanium driver because I owned both and despite using the same vegan ear pads with each, the master had sounded somewhat different.

Again, it's not night and day but it's there. To me the comparison with HD650 and HD600 is the best analogy here - similar sound but one is warmer than the other one.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #411 of 453
Yeah, Master and Natural are very close to each other in sound. The pads on the Masters do give a deeper stage with more instrument separation. It is truly the pads that give the change, as the Naturals can take on that same stage with the same pads. The other difference is more mid bass boost on the Masters which increase bass presence but at the expense of a little bit of control. The Natural also has a slightly more refined treble. So in the end the stage is larger on the Masters with more mid bass & bloom, but the Naturals offer a slightly more accurate sound.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #412 of 453
Yeah, Master and Natural are very close to each other in sound. The pads on the Masters do give a deeper stage with more instrument separation. It is truly the pads that give the change, as the Naturals can take on that same stage with the same pads. The other difference is more mid bass boost on the Masters which increase bass presence but at the expense of a little bit of control. The Natural also has a slightly more refined treble. So in the end the stage is larger on the Masters with more mid bass & bloom, but the Naturals offer a slightly more accurate sound.
you mean the leather pad?

Nov 15, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #414 of 453
Just received the Natural variant of these. Out of interest, does the Master version offer better comfort with its leather pads and headband?

As a former owner of Signature Pro, I always liked the sound but the comfort was problematic. So if Master resolves that, then sounds appealing.

Edit, also are the Master too blingy for outdoors use? Honestly, hate the gold but still....

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #415 of 453
Worse on Master IMO if you use the Merino pads which are thin and had drivers touching my ears which hurt. Otherwise, with the vegan pads, it is the same.

I don't think any of them are too "blingy". Yes, it's a gold colored plate but it isn't super bright and flashy, more of a darker shade and reserved in that respect.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #416 of 453
Worse on Master IMO if you use the Merino pads which are thin and had drivers touching my ears which hurt. Otherwise, with the vegan pads, it is the same.

I don't think any of them are too "blingy". Yes, it's a gold colored plate but it isn't super bright and flashy, more of a darker shade and reserved in that respect.
Oh yes, quite thin indeed. Though I find clamping pressure of Master easier even though I seem to have the v.1 - I understand according to @plakat remarks here a v2 was made with improved comfort. Do you know if it's in production?

Running both volume matched from Mojo2/Poly. They sound decent - clean, clear, and quite dynamic. As ever with Ultrasone, hard to hear beyond the comfort issue.

I'd say both are a bit too "blingy" for my taste. They had the looks right on Signature Pro, IMO. These silver/gold plates remind me of the tin/foil one finds on Christmas chocolate.

1140089.jpg

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #417 of 453
Oh yes, quite thin indeed. Though I find clamping pressure of Master easier even though I seem to have the v.1 - I understand according to @plakat remarks here a v2 was made with improved comfort. Do you know if it's in production?

Running both volume matched from Mojo2/Poly. They sound decent - clean, clear, and quite dynamic. As ever with Ultrasone, hard to hear beyond the comfort issue.

I'd say both are a bit too "blingy" for my taste. They had the looks right on Signature Pro, IMO. These silver/gold plates remind me of the tin/foil one finds on Christmas chocolate.

1140089.jpg
The updated version of the Master should have that grove in the middle of the headband. I've checked the Ultrasone site several times since May, but nothing like a V2 was to be found. The new headband should look like this (but in leather I guess):
1700228512962.jpeg

Nov 17, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #418 of 453
The updated version of the Master should have that grove in the middle of the headband. I've checked the Ultrasone site several times since May, but nothing like a V2 was to be found. The new headband should look like this (but in leather I guess):
1700228512962.jpeg
Thanks, interesting. There is a slight groove, but it doesn't look as explicit on the model you have above. I would say it's more of a crease than a groove, see below. Odd there's been no mention on their site. Your own comments were encouraging, so I was hoping for a clear upgrade in terms of comfort.

20231117_144449.jpg

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #419 of 453
Thanks, interesting. There is a slight groove, but it doesn't look as explicit on the model you have above. I would say it's more of a crease than a groove, see below. Odd there's been no mention on their site. Your own comments were encouraging, so I was hoping for a clear upgrade in terms of comfort.

20231117_144449.jpg
Yes, that doesn't look like the expected change.
They talked about the V2 at High End like it was just around the corner and they were just not sure if it would come before summer or after. Now the Natural was discontinued, but the new model (the Fusion on my picture, albeit with the wrong color of faceplates) did not materialize either. I also left my address for them to get in contact when the new Master would be available, but that might have been lost...

Comfort was much better for the newer headband... I would not be able to wear the older models for long.

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #420 of 453
Yes, that doesn't look like the expected change.
They talked about the V2 at High End like it was just around the corner and they were just not sure if it would come before summer or after. Now the Natural was discontinued, but the new model (the Fusion on my picture, albeit with the wrong color of faceplates) did not materialize either. I also left my address for them to get in contact when the new Master would be available, but that might have been lost...

Comfort was much better for the newer headband... I would not be able to wear the older models for long.
Thanks interesting. I may try to look into this myself.

Have to say, spent a little time with Master and Natural this afternoon and something about the performance of the Master really chimes for me. Very engaging with a nicely balanced timbre. The Natural are clean but slightly dry and cold. If the Master had the upgraded headband and if I could find a way to "mute" the gold, they'd be excellent portable closed backs. I'm travelling next week and might see how they hold up on a 9 hour flight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back