3 new Ultrasone Signature Headphones: Master, Natural and Pulse
Nov 17, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #421 of 453
That's the main diff between them. Natural is a little cooler and master more warmer. I don't think there is any more detail from the master, if anything to me the cooler sound allows more subtle details to come through. You have both though so I will let you be the judge of that.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #422 of 453
That's the main diff between them. Natural is a little cooler and master more warmer. I don't think there is any more detail from the master, if anything to me the cooler bass allows more subtle details to come through. You have both though so I will let you be the judge of that.
Sounds about right to me. They're both very clean sounding, though Master has more musicality. I did pad swap from Master to Natural, because I read that this renders Natural Master-like in presentation. It's true, though it's still a little off. In any case, both perform at same level and it's really a question of taste.

I dropped Ultrasone a line though I don't expect to hear back. I've been through a whole stack of portable closed backs from Meze 99 up to Meze Liric. They all had their own merits, but none quite did everything in terms of sound, comfort, being easy to drive, and also being understated. Audio-Technica WP900 probably hits the most points, but it's slightly fatiguing and lacking texture in the mids. The Master sounds more robust, though sightly less dynamic. If there was a fix for comfort and a way to "spray paint" the gold, it will be top of the tier.

Nov 19, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #423 of 453
Update about V2 of Master (cc @plakat)

Screenshot_20231119_142455_Instagram.jpg

Jan 8, 2024 at 11:44 AM Post #425 of 453
It is nice to see, that they are still doing something useful. For last half a year my understanding was that they put some mean 7 year old in charge of customer service just to make them first on the list of most customer despising companies on the globe. Must be very tough competition, since they had to resort to this. How to react to company, when they instead of answering questions, ask questions(totally not related to topic) and ignore you as a customer?

Jan 8, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #427 of 453
Feb 5, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #429 of 453
Someone got Signature Pure?

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:46 PM Post #430 of 453
I really like my sig DJ but can't find proper replacement ear pads. Considering the high cost of replacement pads anyway and a lack of accessory shop I was thinking of just getting a new pair of cans.

Are any of these like the DJ? Ide even accept another brand. Ive tried to find official masters pads to try them out but can't even find those and I bet they are highway robbery.

Feb 23, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #431 of 453
Short impressions on Signature Natural:
Sound signature reminds me of TH900 - sparkly treble with some low-end oomph. There's probably a bit more bass on the Ultrasone (noticeably more than the white TH900, maybe a tiny bit more than the red 900s, this is from memory)
Obviously it's not on the same technical playing field which is to be expected at the price point and the biodyna bass hits different as well.

Feb 24, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #432 of 453
I very much prefer the Signature Natural to the TH900 and owned the TH900 several times.

Natural to me is a less fatiguing sound with a punchier low end. It is a surprisingly detailed and tight driver they use in there and provides excellent imaging.

Of course YMMV but to me, TH900 is easily one of the most overrated headphones out there and I never found the bass that impressive either for the amount of people that talk about that. They were too shrill on the top end for me to get any volume push to make the bass come alive. I wouldn't agree technicalities are any better on the TH900.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #433 of 453
Im waiting for Signature Master MK2. Someone got some info?

Feb 24, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #435 of 453
They need to make those Merino leather pads have some more depth - for me that was the most annoying part of the comfort on the Master - the shell would rub up on the outer ear and eventually cause discomfort. Vegan pads didn't share that problem so I ended up using those instead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back