3 new Ultrasone Signature Headphones: Master, Natural and Pulse
Mar 3, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #271 of 458
Just wanted to give an update in case it helps someone else. I mentioned previously that the cup screws were loose on my Masters, but I found that there was more to it. Not only were a few screws loose on one of the cups, but two screws on the other cup seemed like they were tight when they were not actually secured. Something was wrong with the screw threads or the threads on the cups where they didn't align properly. With that there was resistance when tightening them. I only noticed this after completely unscrewing the screws then attempting to tighten them again. The two screws seemed to get tight after only one or two turns, whereas all the other screws took about 10 turns to be secured. I applied more pressure to get those screws to tighten and my Masters improved to where they were supposed to be all along.

As of about a week ago I'm finally hearing the Masters sound that I hope everyone else in this thread has been hearing all along. With the Merino pads it's a concise bubble of sound, exceptionally balanced with a hint of warmth & well boosted bass on an otherwise neutral sound. Brilliant, and just plain enjoyable with every genre out there.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #272 of 458
It's a shame the master doesn't have more popularity. These are absolutely fantastic closed backs - I really enjoy them with the vegans but agree the other Merino pads sound great too. Can't think of a better closed back I've had in my decade here.

Something Ultrasone does is give you in their headphones is BASS. A lot of higher end headphones shy away from this, not the master, and not Ultrasone in general.

They have punch, rumble, all of that. I question those who claim these are flat - they are not - not to me.

Some excellent headphones just stay hidden gems - I guess.

Then questionable headphones like the TH900 get all the attention.

(I mean, yeah, maybe I get it - those cups are pretty...)

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #273 of 458
@TWerk Yep, You are right. No real promo (maybe this is a company strategy :)), a little buzz mrkt nothing more. Ultrasone is not a first product choice among customers. I have the impression that the brand is not entirely perceived as a competitor to producers such as Audeze, HiFiman or Meze. Only after a long search and after persuading others (in forum) to listen to Ultrasone headphones, customers find the sound they are looking for.

Mar 4, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #274 of 458
I'd say a lot of it has to do with people that think they'll go deaf, or something, because of that YouTube review from however long ago it was.

Mar 4, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #275 of 458
What's crazy is that so many headphone companies make brighter headphones than Ultrasone. Some of Ultrasones models are brighter than others, sure, but in general I think people that go off that single review are missing out big time.

I'd actually like to try that Edition 12 or whatever it was that he made out to be so bright... I wouldn't even be surprised if they aren't. Probably helped his channel though as people enjoy content like that.

On the other hand, headphones like TH900 and lots of Beyer's are super sharp and people still go for them and they have mass popularity. A bunch of Focal's headphones are very bright too.

Their bass punch too IMO is among the best and that even comes through in some of their lower models too.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 3:48 AM Post #277 of 458
@TWerk Yep, You are right. No real promo (maybe this is a company strategy :)), a little buzz mrkt nothing more. Ultrasone is not a first product choice among customers. I have the impression that the brand is not entirely perceived as a competitor to producers such as Audeze, HiFiman or Meze. Only after a long search and after persuading others (in forum) to listen to Ultrasone headphones, customers find the sound they are looking for.

It wouldn't seem like a great strategy... but what do I know. Maybe having zero marketing costs is the offset they choose to go for.

It just seems like no one other than a few of us have these Masters - which is a shame, they deserve more praise and owners. There's hardly any reviews for them which I think is how a lot of people can even put a headphone on their radar.

Mar 5, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #279 of 458
Mar 5, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #280 of 458
Noticed Pulse on amazon for €399 (€418.40 with VAT & delivery to my location) - would you consider it is a fair price for Pulse?
The last price I remember at Thomann was around €360, but it was B-stock.
I'd say anything under €400 is definitely a fair price. I paid €345 new for mine off Sonovente that was running a site wide sale at the time.

Mar 5, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #281 of 458
€418.40 is calculated by Amazon.de - I am surprised that VAT in Poland is higher that in Germany + delivery costs:

Amazon.de Order Summary​

Items:€335.29
Postage & Packing:€4.87

Total before VAT:€340.16
VAT:€78.24

Order Total:€418.40

Mar 6, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #283 of 458
Hi, I've been 3 times in music shop. First time I've ignored Sig Master, second time I had more time and did more detailed comparison e.g. with hifiman Ananda, Audeze lcd-2 and few others, and at the end I came to conclusion - hmm those Sig Master gave me most fun. Today I've been testing them for the third time, well Ultrasone Eleven connected to expensive transport and amp sounded slightly better/similar. But my post is not about comparison, but my impressions. Sig Master sounds just right, trebles,mids,bass are exactly as should be (for me). But my post is not about sound colour and details. For the first time in my life (however I'm not very experienced in audio) I stopped hearing headphones, I was hearing the recording room, it's acoustics, it' reverb like if I was really there. That's amazing. But there is one drawback. I've been able to hear it this way, when I turned headphones to around 45 degrees back, so headband was just behind tip of my head. It's not comfortable position but sounds amazing. Do you have the same? I'm almost convinced to buy them, but I'm afraid I'll spend money for headphones which are great but only in not so comfortable position.

Mar 6, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #284 of 458
Sig Masters are extremely well-sounding headphones. The position of the headphones on the head, at least for me, is super comfortable, I don't move them or put them on my head in any special way. I am still surprised by their sound quality and every day that feeling doesn't go away. I am convinced that I made the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back