3 in one from JAYS...c-JAYS
Aug 27, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #16 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't wait to hear/see more about these! Are you aware of and at liberty to discuss potential release dates and prices, Claus-DK?

I can not tell anything about release date, but prizewise they will be around 100 $, probally a bit more expensive in the EU....

Aug 27, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #17 of 60
This post is about the sound with the big pads mounted:

The first thing that strikes me is the middeltone, it is very "real" and detailed, but that was to be expected this has always been a trademark of JAYS phones, they reveal everything, also things that are better kept in the dark (so to speak), they really shows the weakness in lossy files and bad recordings..

I am listening to a number by Katie Melua called "just like heaven" for those who does not know the song it is "semi-acustic" And I get the fealing that Katie´s wondefull voice just engulfs me and is providing a soft cusion around my brain, I hear the timber in her voice, how she runs out of air, It is not more beautifull than with some of my other phones, but it feels more "real" and in a way more involving, maybe a bit fatigueing because of all the details that I do not normally hear, not that the sound is sharp og harsh there is just so much to listen to..

Now onto Eminem "mockingbird":
I miss a bit of bass, it is there but a bit undepowered, it is deep and clean, but a bit to anemic (it is maybe a good thing to let you know that my other phone of choice at the time is the JVC DX1000, that is known for it deep high qualyti and plentifull bass, and much higher prize)..

Prince "let´s go crazy"
A 80s number with good high and lots of bass and the c-JAYS just plays it all effortlessly, a little undepowered bass (but as i mentioned before I am a bit spoiled), I do not notice any roll off in the treble department and gets the feeling that a dog would be better to judge just how high these cans go, it is like it never ends....

My source is my PC with lossless files-->Zero (only DAC)--> Xcan v8

Sep 16, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #21 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks great.

Thanks! We love it so let's hope more people will!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #23 of 60
Price and release date please ?
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #25 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by PetCed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
995SEK incl VAT ( Swedish VAT=25%). Release Q4 this year.

Punnisher: Semi open so yes, they do leak a bit.

I'm sorry but whats that in US dollars?
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #26 of 60
Directly converted it's 146 USD, but if you extract the Swedish VAT it's about $110.

That's not to say they'll sell for $110 in the states, though.

You can do this for yourself right from the google search bar.

Sep 17, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #29 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will update on the medium and small pads this weekend, sorry about the delay, but my employer demands that I actually show up once in a while....

Tell him he´s being unreasonable.
If he persists fire him.
Bosses....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back