3 in one from JAYS...c-JAYS
Aug 25, 2008 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

Claus-DK

1000+ Head-Fier
I have just gotten my sweaty little hands on the newest JAYS phones the c-JAYS..

This is not an inear phone but a phone a bit like the px100/200 in size an use.

They come with 3 sets of pads a big GS1000 style bowl, the middle one is about the size of a pad for RS2, the smallest one only covers the drivers.

The drivers are of a new type that is elastic, according to the booklet that is laid in the package..

The 3 types of foam pads make is possible to change the signature of the phones, which in my opinion is kind of cool..

The big pads give details up the wazoo and a huge soundstage, the middle ones gives a more neutral phone with less soundstage, the smallest ones gives tons of bass..

The details and soundstage goes down with the padsize and the amount of bass goes up..

I will have further impressions in the days to come...

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking forward to hear more! Hard to imagine a PX100 sized headphone with GS1000 bowls.

Yeah, they look a bit funny with the big bowls, they are not as big as the Grado ones, but it is close and they sound amazing, for a budget phone..

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #8 of 60
Something else cooking from Jays...sounds delicious.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #10 of 60
So if I am reading this right, Jays is getting into the big cans business?

Aug 26, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #11 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if I am reading this right, Jays is getting into the big cans business?

This is epic news people!

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:37 PM Post #12 of 60
A little more info regarding the size of the pads..
the big one is the same size as a dt880 pad..
The middle one has the size of a bear/sodacan.
the smal one is apr. 3,5 cm * 3,5 cm.

and yes they are alle squares..

Comfortwise they are very light and does not clamp your ears, they are not the most comfortable phones I have tried, but I have no problems using them for 3-5 hours and compared to a lot of phones they are quite comfortable, about the same level as a dt880..

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #13 of 60
What's the build quality on these babies? Are they made out of plastic or metal?

Aug 27, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #15 of 60
Can't wait to hear/see more about these! Are you aware of and at liberty to discuss potential release dates and prices, Claus-DK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back