3 in a row for Schumi! (In Bahrain - Middle East)
Apr 4, 2004 at 3:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

AGR

100+ Head-Fier
Go Michael Go!!!!

Michael Schumacher is headed to his 7th Formula One World Driver's Championship. I doubt he will be denied.

capt.lmn10204041353.bahrain_f1_grand_prix_lmn102.jpg

capt.jbm11204031239.bahrain_f1_gp_jbm112.jpg

Apr 4, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 13
He's a legend! I believe we're witnessing the greatest driver of all time at the top of his game.

Apr 4, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by doctorjuggles
He's a legend! I believe we're witnessing the greatest driver of all time at the top of his game.

I couldn't agree more. If he retired with 10 or more Championships, I would not be surprised.

I attended the 2000 U.S. Grand Prix; and there is simply nothing like F1 live and in person!
cool.gif

Apr 4, 2004 at 9:13 PM Post #4 of 13
I can appreciate Michael Schumacher as a great driver, but i somehow cant stand the man..

rant/
And i think it is very sad for the sport that one team (ferrari, great streetcars BTW) is soo far ahead of the others. It does not make it a very interesting sport to watch, if you could call it a sport nowadays.
And i think the audience will loose interest if it stays that way. Dont get me wrong, a few teams has always been ahead of the game. But now its 1 team, and thats not good for the sport in the long run.
/rant

GO Button!!
600smile.gif

Apr 4, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by JPH
And i think the audience will loose interest if it stays that way. Dont get me wrong, a few teams has always been ahead of the game. But now its 1 team, and thats not good for the sport in the long run.

I know what you mean but I don't agree with you that fans will find it boring.

I know this is like the "rich getting richer and poor getting poorer" phenomenon, however if you look at other sports such as the English Premiership, although Man Utd kept winning for years before, gaining riches along the way, they finally face up to new challenges from other teams this couple of recent seasons.

Empires will crumble and I'm sure Ferrari will one day fail to dominate the whole sport like they are right now.

Also, Schmacher and Co are winning because they deserve it! They ARE a better team! I don't think they are just lucky and just look at other teams like McLaren, they can't even get their engines to finish the race (the first race this season).

Apr 4, 2004 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 13
The race in Bahrain certainly wasn't boring, up & down the track there were slicing & dicing going on. It was a great race. It would have been even more exciting had the front of the grid had some action but the other teams look like they can hardly keep up (let alone finish the race).

Apr 5, 2004 at 3:28 AM Post #7 of 13
What a joke! BMW was supposed to give them a good run this year.
eek.gif
frown.gif

Apr 5, 2004 at 2:28 PM Post #8 of 13
I'm nearly 50 yrs. old. I love Formula One, and I always have. Most of these other teams have bottomless budgets, like Ferrari. They need to step it up a notch or two. There are no excuses, in my opinion; if they want to fight for the top.

Apr 5, 2004 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 13
Wow close finish
wink.gif
. Schumi is the best driver I've seen in F1, but then I've only been following it since after his debut. I tried to be a Damon Hill fan but nobody races the clock and other cars like Michael. This is especially true in recent times when drivers get chewed up so quickly - like Heidfeld, or Fisichella.

It's great to see BAR doing so well finally. Button was unfairly labelled as washed up prior to the season, and Sato was seen merely as a sponsor ticket. That's the story I'll be watching this year.

Apr 5, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #10 of 13
On the budget issue i have a few numbers, but they are a few years old i think.
If i remember correctly Ferraris budget were 2,5 billion and Mclarens were 1,5 billion. I dont know if its the same today.

But anyway, its not as fun to watch when one team is so superior IMHO.
frown.gif

Apr 5, 2004 at 3:37 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by JPH
On the budget issue i have a few numbers, but they are a few years old i think.
If i remember correctly Ferraris budget were 2,5 billion and Mclarens were 1,5 billion. I dont know if its the same today.

But anyway, its not as fun to watch when one team is so superior IMHO.
frown.gif

Ferrari's budget is said to be between $300-400 million annually.

Apr 5, 2004 at 9:24 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by AGR
Ferrari's budget is said to be between $300-400 million annually.

yes, guess it would be even more scary IF they werent superior with that kind of money backing them up.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back