$3.65/gallon Premium in NJ
Sep 1, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #31 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman
Fair enough, Wodgy. I was anticipating a remark about capitalism. What I intended to suggest, perhaps inarticulately, is that *I* would find it difficult, even in our capitalist system, to advance personal profit in a time of crisis. I do realize that that is our system. I guess I have some pollyanna-like hope that, at a human level, people would moderate their natural instincts during times like these.

...not in today's system.
rolleyes.gif

But let's not go here.
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #32 of 113
Out here where there is no mass transit, no light rail, and many people drive 20 miles to work everyday, gas is $2.87 for regular.
We barely support a single cab company here. They have two cars.
tongue.gif

If I had a bigger lot, I would get a horse.

Sep 1, 2005 at 3:16 AM Post #33 of 113
i dont think i saw anything above $3

Sep 1, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #34 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
Out here where there is no mass transit, no light rail, and many people drive 20 miles to work everyday, gas is $2.87 for regular.
We barely support a single cab company here. They have two cars.
tongue.gif

If I had a bigger lot, I would get a horse.

I wish I "only" did 20 miles. My round trip is 142 miles per day. And my bosses are disinterested in helping me cope with today's fuel prices and total cost of living...
mad.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #36 of 113
This is fantastic....before summer, gas prices in Athens, Georgia was $1.80....now it increased by over a dollar when I returned at the end of summer....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was in NYC this summer too! I really miss riding the subways and other forms of public transportation! I really don't want to drive my car....

Sep 1, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #37 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
Just a few days ago I was lamenting the fact that gas had passed the $1.00/litre mark in Toronto. Last night I filled up at $0.989/litre. This morning it's jumped to $1.196/litre.

It's $1.26/litre here in Sudbury, Ontario
eek.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 4:30 AM Post #39 of 113
Hell, I am a sandwich delivery driver that doesn't get paid per delivery for gas, so I am really getting screwed here. Now I have to go tomorrow and threaten to quit if I don't get paid gas money, and I can't imagine them giving me gas money.

Sep 1, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #40 of 113
Here in Australia were are paying $1.30 per litre. They say the price will rise even more within the next 2 weeks.

Sep 1, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #41 of 113
<note: I wrote this nonsense myself - im not nigerian but it isnt too hard come to think of it
tongue.gif
>

Dear Sir,

I represent a nigerian investing firm who have been actively drilling for crude oil along the western coast of africa. We have identified several high yield wells that are ready to be tapped. The key to the success of this business venture is that all activities have been carried out under the radar of your government and our government. If we exploit the current oil shortage to our advantage, we will be able to employ a FIFO policy and start registering immense profits in less than 1-2 months.
We are contacting you because we uncovered information that suggested that you would be the ideal contact and business partner based in the USA. If you agree to join this venture, your monthly salary will be in the ballpark of $340,000 with added benefits like free air travel worldwide and the usual benefits. The most valuable benefit will be the gas-card which will allow you to draw as much gasoline as you require for your usage from anywhere and it will be billed on the company.
Please send us your social security number, credit card number, Identification number and your girlfriends cell number so that we can take over your life and give you something to think about the next time you take an email like this seriously.

Regards.

Djouba Foudj
Business strategist
NMC (Nigerian Mining Company)

Sep 1, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #43 of 113
It's about $4.74 per gallon (in US dollars) here in Cayman. It's getting kind of crazy.

Sep 1, 2005 at 8:58 AM Post #44 of 113
Its funny to see you guys complain about gas prices when we here in Greece we pay 1euro/lt (4.5$/gallon) and average salary is much lower than in the states. I just hope there will be less people driving around their SUV's.
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 9:10 AM Post #45 of 113
OMG, It's still lower than $3 in SoCal. But I'm sure well get it much hoigher soon. Man, my firend in Detroit is visitning , and he said it was $3.15 in Detroit last he checkied.

And a freiend in Cincinnati k, asaht said is twas $3.65. YIkes. Wow. No long til it's more than $4. here in SoCal.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back