3.5mm Jack Replacement Won't Work Correctly!
Sep 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Trunks159

Headphoneus Supremus
Guys, I really need some help. My mdr ma900's 3.5mm plug broke about a month ago and ive tried to replace it but it just wont work. The left channel wont work. I havr tried about 10 different adapters but they all have the same problem. The left channel sometimes works but the second I move the jack the sound goes out soldering iron in 60 Watts, and I have 60/40 solder. I have spent about $50 on these plugs in total.

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 9
It may not be the plug, but an internal break in the cable. Try to see if you can isolate the area where it causes the disconnect. If it's near either end, you can just cut that section off and have a slightly shorter cable.

Sep 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 9
Try flexing the cable in different spots while listening to the headphones. Once you find the spot it will cut on and off consistently as you flex the cable. Hope this helps 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #6 of 9
Well now that i think about it, that may have been the problem in the first place, the cable, not the jack.

This is how i broke it in the first place:
I was on my desktop, and when i got up to leave from the desktop, the cord yanked, and the monitor fell down.  The monitor is still good(no cracks or anything), but I came to see that instead of the 3.5mm jack being parallel to the cable, it was slanted at about a 45° angle.

I would like to see if the soldering has been undone at the driver but I don't know how to open and expose the driver for the MA900.

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #7 of 9
Urg its not working! I dont have any idea whats wrong at this point. The left driver still works, since if I connect the left and right channels on the top of the 3.5mm plug, I here something like mono.

It makes no sense. Should I just get them recabled?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back