3/31/12 CanFEST III Headphone Event-Charlotte, NC with Turntable and Vinyl Show
Mar 9, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #167 of 238
Request for photographers.
It would be helpful if those who have cameras would bring them to take some pics to post on the "Impressions" forum after the meet.
Thank you,
DB

On it. I'll bring my camera.

Mar 9, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #168 of 238
Here is kind of what I had planned for my rig:

The Music Hall turntable will be set up to run through Ray's Apache along with my Laptop through the Cambridge Audio DAC. That will allow side by side comparison with some albums both in digital and vinyl format. While I understand the DAC is not top of the line, lit's the best I have right now since digital is not my primary source. The files are lossless so that's something. I have a few files downloaded from HD tracks but not many.

I have about 500 albums some are which mobile fidelity. I halso have a few first presses of some Beatles, Pink Floyd etc. So if anyone has specific requests in that Genre please ask. I'm thinking about getting Alex to set up at my table with his SACD rig to provide further comparison.

There will be quite a few vinyll buyers roaming in and out. While I really don't want everyone bringing their 1 dollar potluck allbums in to test, but I  I think that if someone comes in with a rare or relatively expensive album I wont mind if they want to test it.

Any requests/suggestions will be appreciated (unless it involves me taking a long walk off a short pier).

Mar 9, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #169 of 238
I can bring the MFSL UHQR and MFSL regular version LP of DSOTM along with the SACD version. I can also bring UHQRs of Tea for the Tillerman,
I Robot and Sgt Pepper. Just let me know. I have a few other MFSL CDs and LPs so if you have a special request let me know and I'll see if I can accommodate you.

Mar 9, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #170 of 238
Great! I definately want to hear the UHQR and Tea for Tillerman. I Have the MFSL Tales of Mystery and imagination along with Abbey Road, Magical Mystery Tour, the Allison Kraus albums as well as a Frank Sinatra, Marc Cohn, and Carlos Santana all on MFSL as as the Sergeant Peppers that came out of the box set. I also have a 1st issue UK Sgt Peppers Mono on Parlophone I'll bring along. Probably a sampling of quite a few others as well. I have also have abouit 900 albums on my hard drive in lossless format.

Mar 10, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #171 of 238
I don't know how meets typically go, but I'll have the Bifrost hooked up through my laptop so if anyone wants to bring a CD or some audio files (USB drive?) to listen to on the Bifrost / Asgard then that's fine with me.

Also, any interest in the Philips Fidelio L1? I'm seriously considering picking a pair up before the meet.

Mar 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #172 of 238
I'd like to hear the L1, it's on my list of headphones I'm thinking of buying.

Mar 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #173 of 238
L1s on the way, figured it'd be good to have them for a couple weeks before the meet to give them a try.

Incidentally, that also means that I'll probably be selling my SRH840s. Is there any protocol about whether it'd be appropriate to sell them at the meet and not have to deal with shipping them?

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #174 of 238
In response to, "Is there any protocol about whether it'd be appropriate to sell them at the meet and not have to deal with shipping them?"

There are no restrictions regarding anyone selling anything. While this is not designed to be a Buy/Sell/Trade type of event anyone is welcome to sell whatever they like should the opportunity be there for them. We want this to be as open and fun as possible for everyone and it is not uncommon for a few transactions to occur at these gatherings for the attendees and members of the trade. So, to everyone, bring whatever you like, transact whatever you want, and enjoy the day.

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #175 of 238

Quote:
In response to, "Is there any protocol about whether it'd be appropriate to sell them at the meet and not have to deal with shipping them?"

There are no restrictions regarding anyone selling anything. While this is not designed to be a Buy/Sell/Trade type of event anyone is welcome to sell whatever they like should the opportunity be there for them. We want this to be as open and fun as possible for everyone and it is not uncommon for a few transactions to occur at these gatherings for the attendees and members of the trade. So, to everyone, bring whatever you like, transact whatever you want, and enjoy the day.

Ah sounds good, I'll have to bring the box and stick a For-Sale post-it note on it then.

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #176 of 238
On the note of buying and selling gear. I am looking for a used RSA Protector if anyone is bringing one that they would let go. :)

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #177 of 238
I was hoping there'd be some buying and selling going on. I rarely sell any of my things, but I'm always looking to see what's out there.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #178 of 238
Quote:
How many non members of the trade would like table space?
Also, do you want space in the main room or the smaller more intimate and private room? There is, of course, no charge. Getting an idea of who wants what will help in making the final arrangements. Finally, please remember to bring some extension cords and power strips if possible.

I hate to be on the fence about it this late in the month but most of my non-portable equipment is not in good working order at the moment (which I hope is purely nothing more than bad timing on the equipments' part). What I can show depends on what I can get in demo-able order. If nothing else I can bring a mix of desktop and portable gear to show, none of which will require much space.

Quote:
Request for photographers.
It would be helpful if those who have cameras would bring them to take some pics to post on the "Impressions" forum after the meet.

Noted. I'll take snapshots.

Quote:
While this is not designed to be a Buy/Sell/Trade type of event anyone is welcome to sell whatever they like should the opportunity be there for them.

Good to know. Thanks.

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #179 of 238
Quote:

I hate to be on the fence about it this late in the month but most of my non-portable equipment is not in good working order at the moment (which I hope is purely nothing more than bad timing on the equipments' part). What I can show depends on what I can get in demo-able order. If nothing else I can bring a mix of desktop and portable gear to show, none of which will require much space.

Don't feel bad, I don't like toting around lots of gear myself. I'll probably just take my Android phone, a portable amp, and my modded T50RPs. I thought about bringing my modded D7000s, but I'm hyper paranoid about dinging or scuffing the cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back