3/31/12 CanFEST III Headphone Event-Charlotte, NC with Turntable and Vinyl Show
Dec 6, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #78 of 238
OH, I'M SORRY! I DIDN'T MEAN TO LET ANYONE ELSE KNOW ABOUT THE MOFI STUFF.

Oh Gee, I guess I didn't realize I was shouting. Anyway, I hear that the MOFI stuff, especially the sealed ones, are only good for frisbee throwing and the UHQRs for juggling. At least that's what this guy in a white truck told me that I just gave a bunch of MOFI LPs to. He said I was lucky he was there to take the stuff off my hands so I would have more space for old CDs. Does that sound right to you?

Dec 7, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #79 of 238
Man, I am so glad you passed that info on!

I actually found the guy in the white van at a rest stop early this morning. He explained why that sealed MOFI copy of Alan Parsons Tales of Mystery and Imagination I just picked up was a piece of crap so he let me trade it to him for a copy of the Firestone Christmas Album.

He also let me trade him my Apache and LCD's to him for a really clean Sony Bockparty Mega Base Blaster Boom Box.

You are such a pal.

Dec 8, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #80 of 238
New Name for Event: While we are using the name of "CanFEST III" for insiders the official registered new name of the event is now:

The CAVE
      (Carolina Audio Vinyl Event)

So, make plans to visit The CAVE in March :).

Dec 26, 2011 at 9:46 AM Post #82 of 238
The CAVE-Just a brief update. Reservations are going well. Also, the notice for the Stereophile Calendar has been submitted so it should be in the magazine soon.

It's time to start listing equipment that people are planning to bring. I will keep the information updated in the lead post periodically. I will also post those who plan to attend. Also, if you have a "wish list" of equipment you want to see post that also and I'll see what I can do.

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #86 of 238
I'm definitely coming! 

Dec 30, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #87 of 238
I would love to come, I came last year. Don't have much gear but will most likely bring what I have. I plan on deciding on a DAC/amp setup for my K702's while here. I got a lot of valuable listening experience while there. 

Dec 31, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #88 of 238
I won't be able to commit until closer to the event date, due to a brand-new job and family events on the horizon. I'll update as soon as I can and with what I'll be bringing, in the likelihood I can attend.

Thanks to everybody involved in organizing this. Happy New Year, you all!

Jan 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #89 of 238
Can anyone say for sure that there will be a Schiit Bifrost and Asgard there? Those are the next two pieces of equipment on my list and I would looooove to hear them together!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back