3/31/12 CanFEST III Headphone Event-Charlotte, NC with Turntable and Vinyl Show
Nov 6, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #46 of 238
Hi guys, just checking in. Will be very interested in attending if we can get this off the ground.

Nov 6, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #47 of 238
Below are some possible dates for CanFEST III. Please let me know your preference.

Also, if you know of any other audio or non-audio related events we may be unintentionally competing with on those days please let me know.

03/24/12
03/31/12
04/21/12

Thanks,
DB

Nov 9, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #52 of 238
The potential for this thing is enormous.  People will get a chance to compare 1st pressings, MFSL, Japanese, European etc. I've got 6 different versions of Dark Side of the Moon and 3 versions  of the White album alone and my collection is nothing compared to some.  All the forum vinyl junkies need to jump on board if they can. For those who are riding the fence on vinyl or thinking about getting into it, this would be the prime opportunity.

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #54 of 238
I have friends and family in Charlotte, so if those are the dates you are working with I would definitely plan a trip around those dates. Could bring some gear as well.

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #55 of 238
It's a GO!
It looks like March 31, 2012 will be the date. A few of the details need to be completed before final confirmation but I don't expect any problems. We should have about 50-60 vendors involved in the Vinyl Show along with 10-15 vendors for CanFEST/The Audio Side. We are reserving the Grand Ballroom of one of the Hilton Hotels in Charlotte as the venue. I will have more details a little later in the week. Bottom line...it a go!

Nov 15, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #56 of 238

Quote:
It's a GO!
It looks like March 31, 2012 will be the date. A few of the details need to be completed before final confirmation but I don't expect any problems. We should have about 50-60 vendors involved in the Vinyl Show along with 10-15 vendors for CanFEST/The Audio Side. We are reserving the Grand Ballroom of one of the Hilton Hotels in Charlotte as the venue. I will have more details a little later in the week. Bottom line...it a go!

Thanks! I'm in. I will be helping Dr. Fang Bian to present for Hifiman/Head-direct. Will bring most of the products.

Nov 15, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #57 of 238
Great news!  Thinking about doing some vinyl/digital comparisons. I think Fatcat and I've lined up to give Dark Side of the Moon Mobile Fidelity issues a go. His CD and my vinyl. Thinking there is quite a few other things out that that may be interesting,

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #59 of 238
Most dedfnately. Plus if  anyone is interested I could bring a 1st issue, the 30th anniversery edition also along with the SACD.  I'm sure there are quite a few albums and artists we could be doing this with if we have the time and depending on what turntables/transports we have show up. That way we could compare versions/turntables, stages, and differet headphone amps and headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back