2nd Dubai Headphone meet - 27th November
Nov 26, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #16 of 29
Guys,

less than 24 hours....

HE-Edition X and a lot of other staff confirmed. It's gonna be epic!

Let the fun start, see you all tomorrow!!

Cheers,
Ralf

Nov 26, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #17 of 29
We are setting up. Find some photos.... Still looooooads of empty space for your stuff tomorrow so please bring it on.

7202f462b8888a2f8aab682cd7ee6de0.jpg

8a76128372b8c007caa41983fb9ea0bd.jpg

506a9fb370ce4625acfe6e22604e0eed.jpg

29c358f7b82a1ba4818a5fffb5cbc54b.jpg

81806c91b406e341a519b30998f4bb9b.jpg

f4c549232c71c66fb2559de4ec3a4a74.jpg

Eagle eyes will be spotting Nighthawks LOL

And Hifiman Edition X and so many other cool things yet to arrive tomorrow.

Cheers,
Ralf

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #18 of 29
Thanks to Ralf & Mazen (Samma3a) for organizing this. Got to meet a few interesting people. Standout products for me were Edition X & ZMF Omni. The AQ Nighthawk was ok, bit too smooth for my taste, not dynamic enough IMO, soundstage was decent. Didn't like the Audeze EL 8 closed back, treble was a bit wonky / hot for my tastes. Finally got to try the Senn IE800 iem's. They were quite nice, good soundstage, nice bass, great clarity. Only drawback for me was treble might get a bit bothersome for long term listening (reminded me of the HD800). I prefer warmer sound (Shure SE 846, Noble K10U)

I am sure a few people took pics, would be great if they could upload them.

Nov 28, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #19 of 29
hello guys I'm new to this meet thing, can anyone fill me in on how this goes ? I mean can I just fly there if it's close by and enter the meet area and do what ? sorry if that sounded stupid -_-

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #20 of 29
hello guys I'm new to this meet thing, can anyone fill me in on how this goes ? I mean can I just fly there if it's close by and enter the meet area and do what ? sorry if that sounded stupid -_-

Hi Shayson,

That's exactly how it goes.

You just come by any mode of transport, foot, bike, car, metro, bus, plane, helicopter or horseback. Just be at the meet up location.

Just come wherever we meet and browse, listen and try everything you see. You can chat with everyone, listen to an crazy amount of stuff. In the case of our last meet DJCorner not only provided us with a cool meeting space(pix later today) but also with soft drinks and snacks.

You can come anytime during the meet up timing, this time it was 12-6pm however, if you want to help, the organizers appreciate if you come a bit early and help set up everything. But that is not mandatory at all. It's meant be an easy day with lots of time and no pressure to try and talk about everything audio related.

The only thing asked of you is to handle things with care, as most of the things you will see is bought from someone's hard earned cash. And ask the owner before moving things around or plugging things in different amps etc. or trying with your own sources. There are another few rules for meet ups but it's all common sense.

It's pretty amazing to have so many headphones and amps, dacs, daps at the same place, you can really make up your mind comparing things and talking to like minded people.

It's free of charge of course for everyone and everybody is welcome.

Hope to see you at the next meet, stay tuned for pics.

Cheers,
Ralf

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #21 of 29
Ladies and Gents,

pictures....

Click on images to see full size. - Please add more photos!

Thanks for a great meet!

Cheers,
Ralf

Nov 29, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #24 of 29
  wow I definitely need to experience this in person, anyone have any idea when the next meet would be(hopefully there will be a next meet) ?

Looking forward to see you at the next one, and yes, there will be one for sure, we are thinking of doing them quarterly - let's see... this year we had 2, one in May and one now.

Cheers,
Ralf

Nov 29, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #25 of 29
wonderful news, and am pretty sure you'd lure in non-audiophiles too(just love music) and let them hear what they've been missing... even if they don't put their mind into buying anything outright, at least they'd have caught the bug and would always think about "how would this sound through x or y...." which leads down the all too familiar road :)

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #26 of 29
Hey Guys is was great meeting you all, we will start planing for the next meet
We are targeting the end of Feb 
Here are some of the photos and hope to see you all soon 

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #27 of 29
Hey all,

Thanku guys. My first meet and it was awesome. I was dumstruck for the first 10- 15 mins and was running around doing nothing until a nice dude called me and said try this. ZMF headphones, I think :p Thanks dude. :). BTW the best headphones ive heard so far is my grado sr80e and ath m50. So everything there were leagues and leagues above what I heard and it was something I cannot describe. My friend gautham tagged along and BTW he was the guy who got the Vmoda XS. Ive attach few pics I took during the meet. Everyone was soo nice.  I hope to meet u guys again soon and talk cos this time I was out of mind, just running around listening to diff headphones. :p

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #28 of 29
  Hey all,

Thanku guys. My first meet and it was awesome. I was dumstruck for the first 10- 15 mins and was running around doing nothing until a nice dude called me and said try this. ZMF headphones, I think :p Thanks dude. :). BTW the best headphones ive heard so far is my grado sr80e and ath m50. So everything there were leagues and leagues above what I heard and it was something I cannot describe. My friend gautham tagged along and BTW he was the guy who got the Vmoda XS. Ive attach few pics I took during the meet. Everyone was soo nice.  I hope to meet u guys again soon and talk cos this time I was out of mind, just running around listening to diff headphones. :p

Thanks for attending and the pictures!!

I agree that the first visit can be a bit overwhelming - this time (shame on me) I forgot to bring the small notepads and pens so everyone can take notes about the things you hear and with which audio chain. Because - try to remember what you listened to after so many things to try, hahaha. Next time we will have these again.

Glad you could come, hope to see you at the next meet up!

Your initial headphone choices were brilliant - these are really good cans. I still have my ATH-M50x in the office and use keep on using it for some music. I was until this meet up a Grado denier but must admit they do have a certain something to them after giving them a try... not really my cup of tea for my music but I can see why people love them so much.

Cheers,
Ralf

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #29 of 29
Hey all,

You're welcone :) Was good to see you guys come. Sorry I had to run and you couldnt try the ZMFs in detail as I had to be somewhere, next time Ill try to come for longer!

The quarterly meet plan sounds good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back