Oct 27, 2015 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Koolpep

Headphoneus Supremus
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.670588)]
  1. [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.952941)]Friday, November 27, 2015

12:00 PM to 6:00 PM

CHANGE[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.952941)]DJ Corner - Al Quoz, Al Joud Centre

Close to ACE Hardware / Tom & Serge inside small shopping mall, Dubai (edit map)

[/color]
  3. https://goo.gl/maps/ngm99HivMWs
  4. it's been some time since our last meet up. A lot has happened. New headphones have been released, new amps, DACs and DAPs are available, vintage amps and vinyl has seen a resurgence. In short: time to meet-up!!

This time at a new location. The owner of DJ Corner will open his shop to host us which should give us roughly double the space we had last time.

Samma3a.com is again our main sponsor and will bring some crazy good gear to the event. Check out their online store, it's growing every time I visit, the service is great! Some of what they will show is not yet officially released, woot woot. 

Please bring your gear as much as you can carry, tables and chairs will be available as will be name tags, notepads and pencils to pen down your impressions. 

If you don't have any gear to bring, don't worry, there will be a lot to try out. But please bring whatever you have, if it's a $5 China made in-ear or a tube amp costing $5k - we want to hear it.

This is the time to try amps with your headphone. Ever wanted to try the AK240 with your Layla, or the HD650 with a Bottlehead Crack DIY amp? Or the Hifiman HE-1000 with a Woo Audio WA-5 Amp? Want to hear the ifi-Audio Retro?

So far we have the following brands showing their stuff:

Fiio, Hifiman, WOO-Audio, Grado, V-Moda, ifi-audio, Aurisonics, Westone, Master&Dynamics, Audeze, Oppo, Astell & Kern, RHA.

And hopefully countless exotic and mainstream gear from our community.

Please contact me if you have special requirements and please please bring your power extension cords as well, we can never have enough :wink:

Can't wait to see/hear you soon.

[/color]

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #4 of 29
Here's some info on  the last one , this one should be little better 
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/764580/dubai-head-fi-meet-8th-may-2015

Hey Mazen4samma3a , will you have the Hifiman Eidition X by any chance ?

Will miss you montanari, Yes there will be couple of HE 1000's there at least.

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #5 of 29
  I m enjoying the cold of Italy
i will miss you guys, Ralf, Punit and everybody
have a nice day and enjoy the music

(is there the he1000 too??!... ****!)

Yep!

We will have HE-1000, maaaayyybe HE-X.... Aurisonics new line Eva, Kicker, Forte, Harmony, Fiio X7, 901s, maybe LCD-4, and many other  cool things.... some new Amps and DACs - I think we will have quite some great new things to try out. 

As well of course, the classics.

Cheers,
Ralf

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #7 of 29
Oct 27, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #8 of 29
Oct 27, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #11 of 29
Oct 29, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #14 of 29
Nov 20, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #15 of 29
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.670588)]
UAE Audiophiles,

the venue is checked out and looks great. Thanks in advance to DJ Corner to basically surrender their shop to us mad hatters.

We will have a special listening station in a semi- sound proof room for the HE-1000 with an amazing amp from Woo audio (of course you can bring along your own amp and try them with it too).

We will have the new Hifiman: Edition X and HE-400S at the meet and I can't wait to hear them. We have pretty much all top of the line headphones and in-ears, amps and DACs at the meet. Punit, Imad, Mazen and me will be there to answer all questions and help any newbies find their way through the headphone jungle.

Rocky and his team have quite a enormous selection  available to listen to as well and we will see the official launch of the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless (without hyping it, this is for my taste the best bluetooth headphone around with the Pendulumic Stance + both are at the meet as well).

So, please RSVP so we can prepare properly and if you bring a lot of equipment please let me know so we can reserve a table for you.

Am looking forward to see as many of you as possible - it will be a great Friday next week!

I personally can't wait to try the Edition X with my vintage amp. 
biggrin.gif

Cheers and see your all soon,

Ralf
[/color] [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.670588)] [/color]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back