28 Days Later
Feb 29, 2004 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

ls20

1000+ Head-Fier
cool movie! i liked the GYBE song at the very beginning of the movie.... but does anybody know what they played while they were all in the para military installation towards the end of the movie?

Feb 29, 2004 at 10:34 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by ls20
cool movie! i liked the GYBE song at the very beginning of the movie.... but does anybody know what they played while they were all in the para military installation towards the end of the movie?

Man, that's one freaky avatar.

Mar 1, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #4 of 20
haha, is it really? it's my baby cousin, taken through an NEC camera phone with overlain graphic templates
biggrin.gif

as far as the song go, i found that it wasnt listed on the imdb page... it's "in the house--in a heartbeat"... not performed by any band/group but some orchestra for the movie ?

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:13 AM Post #6 of 20
Kinda on the topic, they're remaking the classic sequel to Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead. I think it comes out a few weeks from now. I hope it doesn't suck....

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:20 AM Post #7 of 20
Even better, there's going to be another remake of Salem's Lot on TV this summer..

My favorite horror novel...
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Daemoth
Kinda on the topic, they're remaking the classic sequel to Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead. I think it comes out a few weeks from now. I hope it doesn't suck....

How could it possibly be as good as the original, filmed in the famous "Monroeville Mall"? (Even today, there is still a stain in the actual mall from the filming.)

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:27 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

There are no stupid questions, but there are alot of inquisitive idiots..

Mwahahahahahahhaaaaaa!!!
600smile.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #11 of 20
Only an XL1? No s@#t! I knew it was shot on vid, but no idea is was made with a cheap XL1. And 35mm lens adapter, you mean as in still camera 35mm lenses? Amazing. Looked great to me. Yeah, I liked the movie alot, too. Well, done.

Mar 2, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #12 of 20
"28 days later" was just an OK zombie flick imo. too much mtv "style" and not enough real grim zombie horror.

look to "dawn of the dead", "return of the living dead", "night of the living dead (original and remake)", "day of the dead", "prince of darkness", "the fog", and "evil dead 2", for all your zombie goodness.

i am looking forward to the "dawn" remake. it will be very hard to top the original, though.

Mar 2, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #13 of 20
i thought 28 days later was decent, but nothing exceptional. the first half was really awesome, great post-apocalyptic shots and soundtrack, but once they got to the "house" it just got so ridiculous. the alternate script was a bit better (from the dvd), in my opinion, but that also got really stupid.

interesting info about the camera used. i only knew that it had an odd look and that it was actually shot in PAL (which isn't too common, as far as i understand).

Mar 2, 2004 at 6:07 AM Post #14 of 20
Zombies scare me more than anything I can possibly imagine... My brother got me the "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks, for Christmas, which only served to heighten my fears. At least now I am prepared for WHEN the zombies come.

Mar 2, 2004 at 9:22 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

but once they got to the "house" it just got so ridiculous. the alternate script was a bit better (from the dvd), in my opinion, but that also got really stupid.

I have to agree with this. I think this is where the budget of the film really showed itself. In a big Hollywood film you'd go from the apocolypse/empty city beginning to a the BIG apocolyptic finish. But this was a tiny budget film, so the scriptwriter went for a microcosm of the world/Lord of the Flies finish. It just didn't work.

Hey Joe, is that right about there being 35mm adapters for the XL1? So you can use Canon lenses? If some, my next camera is going to be an XL1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back