26March2011. My Military Ball!
Mar 27, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 18
Congrat's My Friend and Thank You, I Salute You! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 18
Congrats!

Which service are you considering? I was just at MCAS Yuma yesterday for the air show and had a blast. Ran into a bunch of Marines and can't help but admire them.

Why not choose OCS? Being an officer is a good way to go.

Mar 28, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #6 of 18
Ah I love airshows. Especially when there's ground shaking performances and ear piercing explosions. 
I'm going to join the Marine Corps. 
Being an officer would be wonderful, but I'm not too patient.
I hate school already and 4 years is so much of a drag.
Plus I wanna be a grunt. haha.
I'm considering going to bootcamp, being in the reserves and go to like community college or something, and then going to ocs. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #7 of 18

Quote:
Haha it's only a cadet ball. 
I'm still deciding on bootcamp or ocs though

Well at least You've got a sense of humor, officer material with a some humor, lookout! A rarity. Congrat's again and opt for what is best for You!

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #8 of 18
Thanks!
Not trying to be cocky but all the Marines I meet tell me to go to ocs after the day.
I dunno. Being a DI is really interesting

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #10 of 18
The airshow was awesome. At the end, they performed a combat demonstration. The Harriers dropped some practice ordinance, they brought in some helicopters to "clear" the landing zone, then had helicopters and Ospreys land Marines who performed a rescue. Good fun and not something I'd want to be on the wrong side of. Also, the F/A-18 demonstration was nuts. The pilot threw it into so many stalls and spins I'm surprised he lived through the performance. :) The A-10 demonstration was amazing, too.

Have you considered doing ROTC? College is better than you think. I made it through nine years :)eek:) though I'm not big on the academic thing. The social aspect is much, much better. Friends, parties, girls. Not necessarily in that order. You'll have fun. Trust me. And I think you'll be happier as an officer.

Also consider staying in the Reserves. I'm too old to do it now, but should have when I was younger. 20 years will get you a full military retirement with healthcare when you hit 60. It's a good deal.

Mar 29, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #11 of 18
Yeah I'm thinking about ROTC. 
but then I'd have to learn all the Navy stuff.
& If/when i become an officer, I'm staying in for 20+

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #12 of 18
When the time come's and You think You have what it take's, look at making the SEALS. It's another option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back