"25th Hour" IMHO Best Movie of the Year!
Jun 10, 2003 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AngryFish

Head-Fier
The 25th Hour

I went out and got 25th hour last weekend.
Watched it twice and came away with the impression that it is one of the best movies of the year.
I was skeptical upon learning that it was a Spike Lee movie, dont get me wrong, Spike is a great director, but sometimes he can loose sight of the entertainment factor and get a little too preachy. His movies also have a tendency to fall apart in the last 15 minutes.
This is not the case with "25th Hour". I hate giving away any parts of the movie, but it shows a man and his inner struggle during his last 24 hours of freedom. (Sentenced to Prison) The lead character, played by Edward Norton is a drug dealer, but a likeable one that elicits compassion.
I highly reccomend this movie. I cant guarantee you will like it as much as I did but I think it is worth a rent.

Anyway, just thought Id ask what other Head-Fi'ers thought were the best movies they had seen in the past year?

Jun 10, 2003 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 5
And Rosario Dawson is sooo hot, too!

Jun 10, 2003 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Been with friends in the same situation, I also liked this movie alot. I thought the nasty student(don't no her name) was hot too.

Jun 10, 2003 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 5
That was Anna Paquin from the XMEN Movies.

Jun 10, 2003 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 5
The book is exactly like the movie for anyone interested in reading it. You can probably check it out at your library since it's an older one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back