$2500-$3000 Headphones.....which would you get?
Jun 25, 2022 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

elee703

100+ Head-Fier
If you had $2500-$3000 to spend on 1 pair of headphones, which ones and why?

caveat: no splitting into multiple headphones or headphone + amp. no used market. Just as is brand new.....1 pair.

Jun 25, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 24
Assuming used, I spent it on the Meze Elite--I've gone past looking for complete accuracy and focus more on enjoyment. The Elite is just that. Pure enjoyment without any fatigue, and they handle most genres exceptionally well. Beyond that, they're some of the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried on.

Jun 25, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 24
Assuming used, I spent it on the Meze Elite--I've gone past looking for complete accuracy and focus more on enjoyment. The Elite is just that. Pure enjoyment without any fatigue, and they handle most genres exceptionally well. Beyond that, they're some of the most comfortable headphones I've ever tried on.

I see from your signature you have the Verite Open as well. Is there a particular reason you prefer the Meze over the VO?

Jun 25, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 24
If you're excluding the need for an amp or interface box, and can either go up $200 or you can buy the headphone without a case, the RAAL-requisite SR1a, hands down. It's an absolutely incredible value. Speed and resolution are second to none, and anything else approaching its technical abilities is at least double the price.

Jun 25, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 24
I see from your signature you have the Verite Open as well. Is there a particular reason you prefer the Meze over the VO?
Personally, I don't love the VO for synthesized music, which is the majority of what I listen to. The VO is so natural sounding that I only find myself reaching for it for rock, band, instrumental, etc. For any kind of pop, synth, rap, the Elite is the clear winner for my taste. And again, the comfort--the VO is pretty heavy. I can wear it for a day but I never forget it's there.

Jun 25, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 24
Do we get to bank the leftover money? Cause I'll change my answer to Porta Pros.

Jun 25, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #9 of 24
I'd go for the Utopia or the Atrium.

Utopia is the best headphone that has graced these ears.

Haven't heard the Atrium but its so damn pretty and reviews seem to really good plus its so damn pretty.

Jun 25, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 24
I'd go for the Utopia or the Atrium.

Utopia is the best headphone that has graced these ears.

Haven't heard the Atrium but its so damn pretty and reviews seem to really good plus its so damn pretty.
I 2nd the Utopia. You can sometimes find it in his price range. It's one of the the best all around pair of headphones, is easy to drive, and is comfortable.

Jun 25, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #11 of 24
LCD-5 if you can find the right discount :beyersmile:

Jun 26, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #13 of 24
If you do buy Utopia, make sure you understand repair cost and warranty in your country. Out of warranty driver replacement can cost you $2k.

TBH, op doesn’t need more headphones. Kind of a waste if using current electronics.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #14 of 24
Do we get to bank the leftover money? Cause I'll change my answer to Porta Pros.

lol. No, you get tortured for a few days then die a horrible death if you don't spend it within +/- $200. Just the way it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back