25% Off New Chesky Records Album from Livingston Taylor
Mar 3, 2017 at 9:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Head-Fi Users Get 25% off Safe Home from Livingston Taylor on HDtracks With Code HEADFILIV

"This is an album of quiet virtuosity, never showing off, just mature in its confidence." - Mac Edition Radio

"Taylor-penned opener “I Must Be Doing Something Right” in fact has the timeless feel of a Cole Porter tune, with characteristic LT playfulness and wit." - Daily Vault

"Has the wonderful feel of a timeless American Standard" - Rock 'n' Roll Truth

Featuring a world class band of Shelly Berg (piano), David Finck (bass), Bashiri Johnson (percussion), and Chelsea Berry (vocals), the album gives playful bend to musical classics like "Anything You Can Do", and also presents Livingston originals such as "I Must Be Doing Something Right".
Livingston Taylor’s career as a professional musician has spanned 50 years. He maintains a performance schedule of more than a hundred shows a year, delighting audiences with his unique brand of popular music which includes mostly original repertory from his thirteen albums. In addition to his performance schedule, Livingston is a full professor at Berklee College of Music, passing on the extensive knowledge gained from his long career on the road to the next generation of musicians.
Part of the Chesky Binaural + Series, all recorded with a single microphone, the band appears right before you with this spacious, lush and multi-dimensional recording. Now headphone users will hear the same three-dimensional sound and imaging as audiophiles have for the past 25 years with Chesky Recordings. Also these new Binaural+ Series albums capture even more spatial realism for the home audiophile market, bringing you one step closer to the actual event. You will hear some of the most natural and pure music ever recorded.

CHESKY WEBSITE

I Must Be Doing Something Right
Merry Old Land Of Oz / Over The Rainbow
It Might As Well Be Spring
Louie is Blowing the World Away
Penny Lane
People Will Say We're In Love
Never Never Land
My Romance
Shouldn't Have Fallen For You
Where Is Love
Anything You Can Do
Answer My Prayer
Bye Bye Love
Try to Remember

Mar 5, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #9 of 14
great, head-fi PC 'mafia' strikes again, no sense of humor whatsoever (was it the ding-dong magpie again? 18.74 bucks it was him)

it s a chesky binaural recording, so dr is through the roof

That's not a given, hence why I asked. Jesus.

loooool, this cant be serious, but i ll pretend it is, so i ll respond in line with the head-fi PC comraderism guidelines,

there is a 30 secs sample for every track on the hdtracks page, so go listen, and judge for your self, instead of questioning the DR practices of the most respected audiophile record label around here,

and if u need measurements to tell you if what you hear is good or bad for you, then... download the samples and measure the DR... (not in those words tho, but u know PC and stuff so...)

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #12 of 14
IEMs? ikr, there is something about listening to binaural recordings with iems that's just scary, i ve just a se530 with various sets of filters, but it's still wow!

Yup. With the andromeda, it sounds like the livingston taylor is a couple meters in front of you, but the positioning wobbles a little to left and right from the center. Sounds very lifelike when you close your eyes.

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #13 of 14
i noticed that with iems, and then thought about what Dr. Chesky says regarding individual 'earprints', perhaps iems make up for some of the differences:

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #14 of 14
also found an excerpt from a video, with Nicholas Prout, Chasky Records audio engineer, and Dr. Chesky talking about the recording setup and editing/mastering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsHUzH7Jnug&feature=youtu.be&t=121

guess he digs the burson too (on the upper left shelf) :p wonder what hps he's using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back