24th July Perth, Western Australia
Jun 19, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #32 of 108
I hope the date figured out is on one of my days off.... :D I just bought a house, hence the reason i sold all my gear off. I will bring my DBA-02's though.

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #34 of 108
I've been interested in the hd800s for a while as well, mine are actually in transit. I paid for them, but I wont get them till probably thursday/friday. Hopefully they are worth the wait!

Hopefully someone brings a source unit for me...

Jun 20, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #35 of 108
well, does everyone want to post some dates that they will be available? I was thinking the weekend for those who work, but if a weekday is easier, we can run with that as well. preferences? we still need to figure out a location by the way

on a side note, nup, someone will have to bring a source unit :frowning2:

Jun 21, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #38 of 108
Alright, so we'll tentatively make it a Saturday? We still need a location though. If it's a weekday and there are only a few of us, I could open up 'my' place, but on the weekends there will be another person around so it wouldn't be a great idea and in theory, I'm bunking in at the place as well. I live near UWA for the record.

Jun 21, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #39 of 108
i'll be finishing exams this thursday
bigsmile_face.gif
 so i'll be on hoildays as well except for work... if its a saturday could u plz make it after 4 thanks

Jun 21, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #40 of 108

Quote:
i'll be finishing exams this thursday
bigsmile_face.gif
 so i'll be on hoildays as well except for work... if its a saturday could u plz make it after 4 thanks

lol. tentatively it would have been from morning till the evening or something like that. will see how it goes. need locations still lol

Jun 21, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #41 of 108
well, I ruled out university seeing that they charge exorbitant fees for rental of a place; the other option I have in mind would be http://www.slwa.wa.gov.au/about_us/venue_hire/venue_and_equipment_fees i.e. the National Library which seems to be a decent location seeing that it's central and also near cafes and stuff. In the alternative, if we are looking for somewhere free, then it's gotta be a weekday at 'my' place which is more like student accommodation.

Just throwing the idea of the National Library out there since it's pretty decent and no one has come up with anything yet. Should refreshments be required, I can always bake something or make some dessert (but it'll be asian so lol).

This is about the best I can come up with at the moment. Any input would be great. People on headphonic haven't really said much so it might just be the few of us and if anyone wants to ask people on stereo.net.au, that might be worth a shot as well if anyone has an account there, otherwise :)

P.S. in terms of the library, I was thinking one of the rooms, or heck, even the foyer might be a good idea lol.

Jun 22, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #42 of 108
Sounds like a great idea.
Count me in.
I'm happy to bring Beyer DT250s, K701s, Headroom Micro Amp & iBasso D10.

Jun 22, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #43 of 108

Quote:
Sounds like a great idea.
Count me in.
I'm happy to bring Beyer DT250s, K701s, Headroom Micro Amp & iBasso D10.

thanks Quokka; I've updated the list of equipment being brought. Tentatively, does anyone have a preference on whether to take up the National Library idea? If we can set a firm date, then I might head down to scout and perhaps give them a call and stuff.

Jun 23, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #44 of 108
*bump bump*

Also, is everyone keen on going ahead with the amount of people we have? Then I'll start asking the library if they have an available weekend slot within the next 2 weeks or so.

Jun 23, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #45 of 108
Quokka!! Can you bring your P-51!! I am having a hard time deciding between it and an Arrow for my next purchase!

Cravenz, Im free for the weekends 10th, 11th, 24th, 31st July and 1st, August. Of course depending on my house settlement date.

Put me down for bringing MS-1i and DBA-02, i will also bring along my Sony A818 if the LOD arrives between now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back