24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded!
Aug 9, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #6,812 of 7,175
This is quite a thread full of neckbeards. It's like a zoo, just point but don't touch. Who cares what others enjoy or spend their money on? How does this affect you? Go to ASR.

Aug 9, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #6,813 of 7,175
Well, I suppose we could keep our mouths shut and just sit back and laugh at people's foolishness. Shall we start with you?

Aug 9, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #6,814 of 7,175
Who cares what others enjoy or spend their money on?
Well I don't care, at least anymore. 20 years ago I cared about many many things*, but those 20 years have made me a master of cynicism. All I care about these days is my own life, what I enjoy and spend money on. That said, this is the sound science forum and I try to make scientifically justified statements, whether they disagree with someone's enjoyment and money spending habits or not.

* For example I was furious because a lot of people didn't like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. I wrote post after post of long defences of those movies arguing with Prequel haters resulting a massive thread on one Finnish discussion board that people consider legendary because of all the insanity. A few years later I tried to convince people on a classical music forum that Sir Edward Elgar is the greatest composer ever rivalled only by J. S. Bach. Those years made me realise it is pointless to argue about taste. Then I came here and argued about crossfeed thinking it isn't a matter of taste, but I learned it kind of is. So, it is over for me. I say what I have to say, but I don't care what other people do with it. I have my own problems and I concentrate on them. I care about how much bananas cost in the grocery store near me. I care about when the Blu-rays I ordered online are arriving. I DO NOT care about what you enjoy or how you spend your money. Sorry.

Talking about Star Wars. Disney bought Lucasfilm and made Star Wars movies that made many realize how the Prequels aren't that bad after all. So, thanks Disney! I feel somewhat vindicated, even if I don't care anymore.

How does this affect you? Go to ASR.
It doesn't affect me. The price of bananas and toilet paper affect me.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #6,816 of 7,175
Well, I suppose we could keep our mouths shut and just sit back and laugh at people's foolishness. Shall we start with you?
Don’t worry, I’m not worried what people like you think of me lol

Aug 9, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #6,817 of 7,175
Me and my ILK!!!

Aug 9, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #6,818 of 7,175
Aug 9, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #6,819 of 7,175
It doesn't affect me. The price of bananas and toilet paper affect me.

You go through bananas like toilet paper?

Aug 9, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #6,820 of 7,175
Two ply toilet paper is overrated :) Not sure what COVID-19 was like in some other areas: here, it was insane to see the amount of hoarding going on with TP. My local grocery had signs up limiting 2 packs per customer. So I saw one fellow with 2 of the largest economy sized packs that filled his whole shopping cart (that would supply family of 4 for over a year).

As for arguments about personal choices/opinions vs science: there can be issues with points of view. For example, I became pretty versed with dynamic range and image formats when getting into computer graphics for 3D rendering and light simulation. I'd get into arguments in a photography forum with photographers who only knew about HDR when it came to the ADC stage for their own exposures. A few years past, then seemed like all advanced photographers started accepting more general principles over formats (suppose especially now when you have different image formats you export to for different programs).

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #6,821 of 7,175
Aug 10, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #6,824 of 7,175
You could cut newspaper up and use that. Be a bit like using Izal though.
It's not like that. 3/4 of Finland is forest and we have plenty of paper industry. Finland is one of the last countries in the World were toilet paper shortages are possible. Some people here did hoard toilet paper when Covid-19 crap started, but then realised that we don't live in a third world country like the US where serious shortages, be it baby formula or whatever, happen all the time. What I mean when I say I care about how much toilet paper costs is it actually affects me unlike how strangers online spend their money. The point was something so affordable as toilet paper and bananas matter much more to me than what other people do.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #6,825 of 7,175
Who cares what others enjoy or spend their money on?
Those who manufacture and sell audio equipment and content.
How does this affect you?
Because I buy audio equipment and content from those who manufacture and sell audio equipment and content.

How is this not obvious?

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back